Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Am I crazy??

Amante

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
Hi folks.
I'm a Pommie (Don't hold it against me) and I'm moving to Cairns in a couple of months to be with my wife (She's an Aussie.)!
I'm a triker and want to build a V6 trike based around a Commodore engine (SV6???) & auto box!
Can anyone tell me the length of the engine & gearbox as I will need to build a frame (or poss have one made).
Which engine would you guys suggest for ease of maintenance and easy access to parts (I'm willing to dig around breakers/wreckers).

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers!

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Get the 3.8 Ecotec, doesn't really matter which kind of Commodore you get it from as they're all essentially the same. These engines are cheap and very common, and it's mush easier to get it running from the ECU side of things.

If you're serious about this, I'd look at the legal/insurance/engineers side of things before committing to a build like this. To get the trike road legal and insured over here might be too much of a headache to not make it worth your while.