Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another just joined - Hi all from NZ

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
Hi, I picked up a mild 304 SS a while back so pulled the engine apart to refresh and make some mild mods to let it run a bit better.
I have owned a few Holden's in the past as well as few others, Currently my everyday drive while the rebuild is happening is a NZ new '89 BMW 535i manual.
I enjoy Drag racing and will be chucking the VR about a few circuits for a bit of fun once sorted.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Hey mate, welcome! You'll find heaps of handy info on here.

You should chuck up a ride thread so we can have a look at the beast.

Ps - go all blacks

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Hi, I picked up a mild 304 SS a while back so pulled the engine apart to refresh and make some mild mods to let it run a bit better.
I have owned a few Holden's in the past as well as few others, Currently my everyday drive while the rebuild is happening is a NZ new '89 BMW 535i manual.
I enjoy Drag racing and will be chucking the VR about a few circuits for a bit of fun once sorted.

Sounds swish mate! you should bring it up to Taupo for powercruise if the engine is re-assembled by than :) and yeah, start a 'my ride' thread

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
Cheers and thanks for that, I may do that about the my ride thread. I doubt I will be ready for too much.
Hey Deuce your VR looks like mine and ran same 1/4 time but 1mph quicker, I was spinning off the line though as we had a cool track here.
I will throwing mine down the 1/4 a few times to see how I go.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Hey man , welcome there are a few NZers on this site

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
You don't have the torry anymore? I saw your posts on gmh-torana about it. You did well with it.
Yea, I had to part company with it after 9 years and so much fun I decided to get something a bit more lazy, it was actually that fast it wasn't as much fun around thew streets anymore, 0-100km/h in 5 seconds and 0- 140km/h in under 9 seconds can get you in trouble very quickly on the street.
Thanks Commodore665 I hope to have a bit of fun :)
I make it a habit of going to Oz once a year for some things to do and my favourite spot is Munchies on a Friday night!

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
that ^ ^ ^ is potentially the best Signature around!

Hey Deuce your VR looks like mine and ran same 1/4 time but 1mph quicker, I was spinning off the line though as we had a cool track here.
I will throwing mine down the 1/4 a few times to see how I go.
also, i think i could have benefited from a cooler day, that run was the last run of the day (fathers day drags) where I had zero waiting line after a decent rest, so no time for my intake to heat up, and droped a whole tenth of a second from previous times.