Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Qantas plane has engine failure

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I did read yours and it made no sense as a reply to mine. And I too have information from sources other than the media...

Again you aren't making much sense. This thread is about engines failing. 747s have been around since the 1970s. The ones still in service are much much newer than that though, and their engines certainly aren't the originals. There would be many 747s currently in operation with engines NEWER than those on the A380s.

yes i realise that the current 747's in service are newer but i bet most airframes still have many more Hr's on them then the A380's. and although they won't have the original engines on em, they won't be brand spankers either. they will be re-built items as is the norm and those engines have been tried and tested over the years. however this thread was about another A380 engine failure so i don't see the relevance of your 747 argument.

in terms of age, the engines on the A380's are new, maybe not brand spanking new but still new non the less. considering the amount of time involved in design and testing/simulation before something goes into service these days i'd say it is a worry that this fault was not picked up sooner. these engines were specifically designed for use with the A380 because non of the existing engines could provide enough thrust as required to suit Airbus requirements.