Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Another Wild Goose Chase

V

VX_KN079

From the guy that did the "computer generated" pictures of the VE that were released in the SMH and on drive.com.au ...:

I've derived the shape from months and months of research - I've got every possible source and combined them to create the closest possible resemblance to the actual car. I'd love to see the 'UCP' topic on these - I don't know what that forum is.

And true - we had no idea what the HSV looks like, so in the end that's why they weren't published...

All you need is access to the internet, photoshop, some photoshop skills and an enthusiastic and creative journalist to create some great artificial yet official looking hype.

When I see a Holden press release or a Holden boss on TV or a "computer generated" picture on the Holden Website, THEN I might believe it... Until then, nothing to see here.

This is the best picture of the new VE so far:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/attachment.php?attachmentid=15280&d=1144562568

I notice they still haven't integrated the antenna!!! :mad:

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I've seen those pictures, and after reading what the person wrote on that forum I nearly died from laughing, all they did was pretty much exactly go over the Motor VE picture (with the checkers) using drawing tools, and made it 5% wider.. talk about artistic skills, going over a spy photo of a car from only one angle and making derivatives from it (although I probably wouldn't have been able to do as good a job) but still, to say the shape is derived from months and months of research and all that other BS.. well I've placed his picture on top of the Motor picture with varying amounts of transparancy.. you tell me these are all new :p

Last edited:
V

VX_KN079

Thank you for proving my point Juzza :D

I think it's really safe to say the best we can honestly expect it to wait for HOLDEN to release something, and it will most likely end up being the car itself!!!

Unless there are more keen Victorians on these forums with cameras on them reasy to take shots of those VE's getting around down there with very mild cammo on :D

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I reckon they'd have better luck disguising the cars as Mitsubishi's and not using the checkers or car-bras, no one would look twice at it then lol..

I'm ready with my GM media account waiting for the tiniest details, then straight to here (of coarse I'll get beaten :cry: ).. spy stuff is good but after a while it's all the same