Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any Old School skaters here? What decks did you skate/ like in the past, and would recommend me skating as a reissue?

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Hi guys,
If anyone old-school skaters can chime in- what decks did you skate and love in the past, and would recommend to someone wanting to skate an old school deck?

I currently ride popsicle shaped decks and would like to change to an old school deck

Cheers

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Hi guys,
If anyone old-school skaters can chime in- what decks did you skate and love in the past, and would recommend to someone wanting to skate an old school deck?

I currently ride popsicle shaped decks and would like to change to an old school deck

Cheers
Why are you thinking of going to a directional type board instead of a symmetrical new style board?

What style of skate do you prefer?
I really like the double ended pop of new shape and would feel hampered with a flat nose.

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Why are you thinking of going to a directional type board instead of a symmetrical new style board?

What style of skate do you prefer?
I really like the double ended pop of new shape and would feel hampered with a flat nose.
I am wanting to get better at flow/ transition. Only street style tricks are 180, 360 and Ollies.

I like normal popsical decks but would like to soon change to a directional, old school cruiser.

Also, I am personally not a fan of Egg shaped boards

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
A mate of mine had a Vision Skateboard back in the late 80's early 90's with cockroach wheels and I absolutely loved that thing but I couldn't afford it untill recently I bought a reissued Vision deck and some powell peralta wheels but still haven't put them together after 4 years

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
I am thinking a Krooked Gonz reissue, or a Santa Cruz reissue of some kind

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
A mate of mine had a Vision Skateboard back in the late 80's early 90's with cockroach wheels and I absolutely loved that thing but I couldn't afford it untill recently I bought a reissued Vision deck and some powell peralta wheels but still haven't put them together after 4 years
Was that Vision deck also somewhat practical for Ollie’s, 180, gap skating, etc?