Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any other Lap Bandits out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

profat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic model
ok Whilst I respect Raj, Hoska, And Grennan who I respect the most .....dieting does not work for every one this is a medically recognized fact......and while I agree with Raj about the drain of tax payer assisted funded surgery assistance.....I to spent 30 yrs working and paying tax not claiming anything on the system it is only with the change in circumstances that I am now forced to get back a little in what I have paid......we all have opinions on this and many issues, and as individuals that opinion will be diverse that's life but to label all over weight or obese people as lazy and victims of their own design is a severe injustice

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
ok Whilst I respect Raj, Hoska, And Grennan who I respect the most .....dieting does not work for every one this is a medically recognized fact......and while I agree with Raj about the drain of tax payer assisted funded surgery assistance.....I to spent 30 yrs working and paying tax not claiming anything on the system it is only with the change in circumstances that I am now forced to get back a little in what I have paid......we all have opinions on this and many issues, and as individuals that opinion will be diverse that's life but to label all over weight or obese people as lazy and victims of their own design is a severe injustice

Dieting and nutrition are two different things, it's all about finding what is right for your body there's no generalised diet that is good for everyone that's a load. I don't see a problem with bands etc if REQUIRED like you say may be in your case pro fat but it will not work effectively without proper nutrition and exercise.

Good luck though!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Weight loss is not done with one fix.

You cant JUST exercise. You cant JUST eat differently. You cant JUST go get surgery.

I dont condemn the surgery, lets get that straight. I think its a fantastic aid but its one peice of a large puzzle. What I condemn is the people who do the surgery without the forethought of changing their lifestyle as well.

The surgery is absolutely useless if youre eating a smaller serving, but that meal still consists of 1000 calories. Sure, its a step down from that 2000 calorie full pizza and you will notice effects. But you will get to a point where you NEED to change your diet and start to get mobile.

This surgery does not instill that reeducation which is what I am avidly against.

My personal opinion, hard work is the only proper way to do it because any goal that isnt earned isnt respected. Now that doesnt mean lap bands cant be a tool in completing that goal. It cant be the ONLY tool.

I know I wont go back to that, because I still have an old shirt and it is literally a bed sheet, that and I know how hard those 5 am mornings are. I know how much getting punched in the face at boxing sucks when Im to tired to keep my arms up. I know how **** it is to be that guy who is at the gym at 1 am on Saturday because hes to scared to go out with mates incase he eats something bad.

I will throw myself off a bridge before I get back to that.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
tumblr_m95p2e1ynL1rtfqnfo1_500.jpg

Just to further illustrate my issue with Lap Banders who do not change their habits but only eat smaller servings.

Size is not a representation of intake.

You might feel full after youve just eaten the burger. But youve still had 2 of my main meals worth of energy.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Well this thread has taken a huge change in direction , ^^ , lap bands , basically make the stomach smaller , so the recipiant eats less , and as a result can lose weight . I take my hat off to anyone who makes the call to lose weight , by traditional methods , or by a lap band , having done the yards myself to lose weight , I know it's not a easy road , and for those who chose lap band , good on you , but as mentioned , it's a small piece of a bigger picture .

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
tumblr_m95p2e1ynL1rtfqnfo1_500.jpg

Just to further illustrate my issue with Lap Banders who do not change their habits but only eat smaller servings.

Size is not a representation of intake.

You might feel full after youve just eaten the burger. But youve still had 2 of my main meals worth of energy.

so much this Gren, Nutrition is key :) unfortunately i'll admit it's somthing i struggle with at times

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Being fat is expensive god dammit!

The amount of alcohol you have to buy chicks before they go home with you? National mother####ing debt!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
And there we go... I now just made it a political thread... We know how that goes. Lol

profat

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt olympic model
Being fat is expensive god dammit!

The amount of alcohol you have to buy chicks before they go home with you? National mother####ing debt!

so that's why im single got no money don't drink alcohol and fat ...three strikes im f##ked

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
It is a struggle as Gren says to lose the weight and keep it off.

Things that **** me are the haters, people who can see I am losing weight and know I am going to the gym and working hard. I have those people trying to get me to eat cake and chocolate, bringing it into my office and telling me it won't hurt once. They also sneer at me and call me a gym junkie on the way out of the building each night when I am off to the gym and they the Pub, telling me I am sad etc. I figure they are haters (all overweight themselves) at my motivation, dedication and determination. Some nights in the gym when I am hurting and think about giving up I think about certain items of clothing I want to wear again and that pushes me through the pain and tiredness. After on the way home I feel pumped, alive and proud of myself.

On the subject of clean eating, once you start it's not easy to eat **** food. A few weeks ago I decide to have a cheat meal at a business meeting electing to have barramundi and chips. OMG, what a bad decision. At 9pm my tummy started to feel heavy and by 11pm I started vomiting. Deep fried crap is now off the table for cheat meals. Back when I used to be super slim and fit I found I couldn't eat junk food for the same reason, used to make me feel ill for hours.

I watch ads on TV for lite meals, shakes and other meal replacements wondering why people do it. Those fads are quick fix, once you drop the weight you go back to eating your pre-diet foods and wham - fatty boom boom again.

Lap banding is fine by me as a kick start to losing weight but if you are simply going to push bad food in smaller portions down your throat there is a high chance when the band comes off (I assume this is what happens) you are just going to start eating bigger portions of bad food and stack it back on. You should also exercise daily, get your fat ass off the couch and go smell the roses. As someone once said to me, we are going for a brisk walk, not stopping to examine dog **** along the way!!

Also alcohol is a killer for putting on weight. I will admit stopping my nightly glass of wine or stubbie of beer after work was a challenge as I enjoyed it taking the edge off my day (I have a high stress job at times) but I treat myself to a glass of red on a weekend.

Like Gren, I am determined to keep the weight off as I know it is far better living with a healthy fit body.

Status
Not open for further replies.