Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any other Lap Bandits out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
But you stated that she was heaps skinnier after the surgery even though she eats badly. Therefore the point has been lost by you.

What would you prefer they did with fat people instead of surgery? gas them all? would that be too expensive or too lazily easy for ya? or should they all just step up and stop eating shitty foods? cause that'll work.

The ignorance of thise thread is astounding, most of you people are happy to chime in about how fat people should keep weight off and how lap banding is some sort of cheating device but you clearly have very limited knowledge of bariatric surgery. Ya just sound like morons to be honest.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Sounds like a sleeve or a bypass, and not learning a lesson in using WLS to help reach a healthy goal. She will most likely end up very sick very quickly if that is her staple diet with a sleeve/bypass. Both of these forms of surgery result in removal of parts of the stomach and as such remove some of the bodies ability to absorb nutrients. Without looking after their intake carefully, they will quickly find themselves quite sick. That is the frustrating part about people having WLS and not using it as designed after going through all of the trauma to do it in the first place.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
there wouldnt be too many getting through 6 small meals a day with a band. True that a lot of people do abuse what can be an exceptionally helpful tool for those where other solutions have not been as effective.

Yeah, I wouldnt survive with that. I struggle with 7 meals at the moment in keeping a steady stream of content food wise but also keeping energy levels high enough for training and being at a deficit.

But you stated that she was heaps skinnier after the surgery even though she eats badly. Therefore the point has been lost by you.

What would you prefer they did with fat people instead of surgery? gas them all? would that be too expensive or too lazily easy for ya? or should they all just step up and stop eating shitty foods? cause that'll work.

The ignorance of thise thread is astounding, most of you people are happy to chime in about how fat people should keep weight off and how lap banding is some sort of cheating device but you clearly have very limited knowledge of bariatric surgery. Ya just sound like morons to be honest.

Calling people morons, you sound like you have a very poor understanding of nutrition and how the body actually works.

You say that you cannot eat shitty foods with the band. You can. Just because YOU cannot doesnt mean others cannot. You are ignorant to different body types and reactions. I know several people with the surgery, hell I can film them inhaling a pizza if you like.

Noone is saying lap band is cheating. Weight loss is weight loss, its all for the better. We are saying it NEEDS TO BE USED IN CONJUCTION WITH PROPER FOOD INTAKE AND EXERCISE.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
How Should We Evaluate Lap-Band Candidates? - Pacific Standard: The Science of Society

Just been doing some reading.
Weight-loss surgery is less successful when people exhibited binge eating habits and poor eating habits...

“Those who succeed long term tend to be those individuals who fully understand that an entire lifestyle change is necessary; this is not as simple as changing eating habits,” she writes. “This also means looking at how food has played a part in one’s upbringing, when exactly one began struggling with the weight, the social and cultural implications related to obesity, as well as the role food plays in social settings. Also to be examined is one’s outlook regarding exercise, the ability to follow directions and issues of control,”

After having the surgery, a lot of patients are not willing to change their life patterns,” he explained. “They think that if they do the surgery, they’re going to be slim, but they discover that actually they’re not going to have new friends or a new personality. After surgery, many patients don’t want to exercise or stop eating junk food. They want to do what they want to do. The surgery is risky, and there are complications. Some patients are not going to be compliant with anything.”

Sooo. What was that word you called us? Sounds perfectly plausible to me that people can and do still eat like **** and are not taught proper habits.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I want to read it.

Sorry, Grennan sir, you were correct.

I love me some sweet vindication, especially after being called an ignorant moron and the way youve ranted all day.

Upon further reading, in reply to your PM earlier. Bread and some red meats seem to be the common foods that make people with the surgery feel ill. Again, different bodies.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
I have a gastric band, I know over 50 people with them including my sister. You know 1 or 2 maybes, you read some stuff on the internet that supported your arguement.... Tell me again why you're so correct, before you ban me from this site for having an opinion that differs from your own.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
I have a gastric band, I know over 50 people with them including my sister. You know 1 or 2 maybes, you read some stuff on the internet that supported your arguement.... Tell me again why you're so correct, before you ban me from this site for having an opinion that differs from your own.

i can guarantee you'll be banned for being an utter twat, not for a difference of opinion ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.