Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone know how much a VB 308 SLE is worth?

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
As the title says I have my eye on a 308 VB SLE and am interested in swapping my other car for it.

I just want to know how much roughly they are worth so I don't go getting ripped off.

It's in primer, no Rego or RWC, 158,000km, and is an auto.

I have around $2500 to $3000 advertised on my other car, so do you reckon the VB is worth that?

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Excellent/Original condition you could go up to 7-8 grand but if it's in undercoat I'd be having a real good look around for bad repairs or dodged up rust repairs if it's solid and the rest of the car is clean I'd look around the $1500- $2000.
With a car that old I'd doubt it's original klm's unless it's got full service history to back it up or as most of them the odometer has probably stopped working.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Genuine factory VB SL/E 5 litre's are highly sort after. There isn't many built and not many left either.

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Original condition 308's are very rare, most of the ones left these days are 253's or have been saddly modded up by young'uns. I saw one sell last year for 12 grand - it was however a one owner with only 27,000 km's on the clock, immaculate. Still, how long has this one been in primer for? Primer is quite porous and has a nasty habit of promoting rust if left long enough without sealant. As pjm1980 said check for a service history to validate k's. Apart from the primer is it in original condition ? If it is original and everything else is in order you could have yourself a nice car...

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Sorry for the thread steal but what would an original VB 253 SL/E be worth with minor mods?

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Sorry for the thread steal but what would an original VB 253 SL/E be worth with minor mods?

Condition, km's, how many owners, options (i.e 310 pack) what type of mods?? etc etc

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Thanks for the replies. So if it's clean and original it could be worth a bit hey. It apparently has no rust in it and only 2 small dents.

How rare are they exactly?

And if I ended up getting it would you recommend restoring to original-ish condition, or making it a nice tidy machine.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Go original unless it's highly modified with quality products then p plate modifications will only devalue the car, keep it clean and original where possible.
Have you got some pics and is it matching numbers as it is such low klm's?

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Condition, km's, how many owners, options (i.e 310 pack) what type of mods?? etc etc

1 female owner, 74K, only irreversible mod I am thinking of removing and selling the headlight wiper system including front bar.
Few other mods such as steering wheel, mags etc but keeping all org stuff.
Also changing entire exhaust (extractors/sports) and suspension (brock style).

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
IMG_1119.jpg