Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

R0d

Reaction score
Members Ride
cammed vu maloo r8
Helly that is the best comment about speeding I have ever read, and my sentiments exactly

Why the hell would you do any amount over the speed limit when you're just going to get caught up at the next set of lights anyway... I see people doing 10 k's over every day on my way home from work and a few take the same route as me... I always laugh when they speed and duck in and out of traffic and I end up passing them later on anyway.

Why oh why would you speed when you have to keep an eye out for cameras or police, stressing the whole time wondering what if I didnt see one? I know I'd much rather just sit back, enjoy driving, and be GLAD to see a police car on the road, as I always am.

Speed limits are exactly that... LIMITS... meaning you can go slower, but NOT faster than that... I hate when people justify it by saying the limits are too low... they MAY be too low but who are you to decide that? Law is law... you can't CHOOSE whether murder is a crime, there is no "I don't think murder should be illegal, so I will kill anyway".

Bah... I could rant forever! Helly is #1 police officer in my opinion!

i see the same thing, a person flies past me but 5km down the road i pass him. It makes me laugh the amount of times this happens. As for the speed limits being to low, sure it seems like you can do 100km easily during the day when you can see all the hazards but its completely different when its 100km at night and you can only see a small area ahead

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Problem Solved, sorry for bothering you guys.

Last edited:

johnnyk

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF V6 Falcon
Hi,

I appologise if this has been asked before, I'm wondering whether police officers have some sort of a quota that they need to fulfill in respect to issuing traffic fines?

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Today I was driving in a 80zone, I was zoomed out and than noticed I had hit 90.. there was a police motorbike sitting right up my ass. And he didnt pull me over ? and im on my P's which makes it more unbelievable.

My question is can i still get a ticket?

The solos are TMU and have better things to do than pull people for doing a pissy 10 ks over.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Just in relation to Noble Park McDonalds...if i have footage of burnouts, cars racing etc, can the police confiscate my camera as evidence?

If you'd like to hand it in I'd be glad to take a copy :yeah:

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Yeah I agree, I think we use the same device, it a Prolaser III. These are accurate to +/- 2KPH as they are a stationary device. Speed camera's have different tolerances depending on model and so forth, what mode they are set up in i.e. approach mode only, both, or receding only.

We still use an across the board +/- 3 KPH tolerance regradless of the device used to make things simpler, aren't we nice? We might actually give you 1 KPH here or there...

Yeah, out TMU all use to Prolaser III. However at most general duties uniform stations we're still stuck with the prolaser II. Does the same thing except it's bigger, heavier and I've noticed the III picked them up heaps quicker.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
Hi,

I appologise if this has been asked before, I'm wondering whether police officers have some sort of a quota that they need to fulfill in respect to issuing traffic fines?

Standard answer (even to motorists asking the same question):

We don't have quotas - we're allowed to write as many tickets as we want :yeah:

The bar isn't set at a certain height. It's the more you get the better. Most tickets I've managed being say on a general duties patrol is three tickets. That's working around responding to other jobs as well as keeping an eye on driver behaviour.

Most written was when I worked a few TMU shifts. During an operation targetting speed we wrote 22 tickets for one shift. We had 10 handed out before tea. A lot of TMU members average 20 to 30 tickets a shift plus a couple of offences that you can't give tickets for such as driving suspended/disqualified etc.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
The bar isn't set at a certain height. It's the more you get the better.

Are you for real?? I hope you're just being sarcastic...

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Yes I am for real - there aren't quotas, that's an American thing.

Yeah but - the more the better?

So are you saying that you guys go out and try to book as many people as possible to try and look good by having impressive figures or something?