Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Copper

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Yeah but - the more the better?

So are you saying that you guys go out and try to book as many people as possible to try and look good by having impressive figures or something?

I think thats great, wish that could happen down here. Might get some of the wankers to slow down.

If people are doing something wrong, why shouldnt they be fined?

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
I think thats great, wish that could happen down here. Might get some of the wankers to slow down.

If people are doing something wrong, why shouldnt they be fined?

Exactly. If I write a heap of tickets my boss will be impressed because the offences being committed are being dealt with.

I sat on a 50 zone recently. It was a real long straight road. To my surprise there was not one car doing more than 60. Average was about 55. I didn't get one ticket from that road after sitting there for an hour and a half.

The best part is that the ones who were doing around the 60 mark would slow down once they saw me and it would keep them thinking for the rest of the day and for the next time they were driving down that road.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
I sat on a 50 zone recently. It was a real long straight road. To my surprise there was not one car doing more than 60. Average was about 55. I didn't get one ticket from that road after sitting there for an hour and a half.

The best part is that the ones who were doing around the 60 mark would slow down once they saw me and it would keep them thinking for the rest of the day and for the next time they were driving down that road.

That sounds a bit more heartening! So you don't ruthlessly hand out tickets to people who are 3 kmh over, just to get the numbers up!

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
That sounds a bit more heartening! So you don't ruthlessly hand out tickets to people who are 3 kmh over, just to get the numbers up!

I'll leave that up to the revenue cameras

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
This is a question inspired from another thread. Say someone fills up at a servo, the big sign out the front says $1.11.4cpl, but the pump only says .0.11.4cpl. The person fills their tank, it costs them less than $5. They go to pay, The console operator says that will be $4.85, the person pays and levases. Does this legally make the customer a criminal if they knew it should have been priced higher? Or is it a case of the servo f$%^ing up and more of a moral issue?

The pump is what is measured by local council / weights and measures for accuracy. What is on the pump is what you pay. Many servos change the sign and then change the pumps-the lower pump price is what you pay until they go up- happened to me.

So it is the pump price- the sign is just advertising.

It's ok, just leave the harder questions for the ambos!! ;)

Last edited:

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
First post in ages.. I work at a servo and my manager has set the price the 14.7 cents a litre or something once.. People paying peanuts for their fuel aren't doing anything illegal, just paying the price they have been asked to pay..

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Questions for the coppers too..

Is it legal for a bike to split at stationary lights (have heard heaps of opinions). Some say its legal if you do it on the right of cars and indicate and some say its plain illegal. If so, have you ever done anything about it, I don't imagine it'd be too easy sitting in a Commo at gridlocked lights..

Also, is it legal to take pictures of cop cars or cops using a camera phone?

Cheers..

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
Questions for the coppers too..

Is it legal for a bike to split at stationary lights (have heard heaps of opinions). Some say its legal if you do it on the right of cars and indicate and some say its plain illegal. If so, have you ever done anything about it, I don't imagine it'd be too easy sitting in a Commo at gridlocked lights..

Also, is it legal to take pictures of cop cars or cops using a camera phone?

Cheers..

Its plain illegal here, thats my interpretation anyway. Only given a couple of tickets for it over the years and never had one contested.

I can't imagine that it would be illegal to take photo's of us with your mobile, as long as you aren't driving. I know that many police would not appreciate it though. The act of taking the photograph irself may not be illegal but you may find your self in strife some other way.

I think I've said it before, some police can be very creative!

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
Just a little urther to Shanouk's question about motorbikes, lane splitting...

The Australian Road Rules define how you may overtake a vehicle, adn no where does it stipulate that you can O/T another vehicle whilst in the same lane as another vehicle.

There is a provision for an offence under Rule 144 which relates to not overtaking at a safe distance. It states that you must pass a vehicle at a sufficient distance to avoid a collision with the vehicle or obstruct the path of the vehicle and must not return to the marked lane or line of traffic where the vehicle is travelling until you are a sufficient distance past the vehicle to avoid a collision with the vehicle.

I interpret lane splitting as a being a breach of this rule, but others may not. Also there has to be an offence through your state's leislation that relates to this rule for it to be infringeable.

Cheers...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
helly, there is actually laws coming in that prevent lane alighting or whatever the word that was used in QLD, Vic, and NSW. If a rider is caught doing this apparently it will be loss of 3 points and a hefty fine. Whether traffic is stationary or moving it will become illegal by law. Believe these changes take effect as of June 1st. Will get back to you on it.