Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the IT Network Engineer

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Thanks for all your replies guys...
I have tried XP once.. and I found it a bit slow.. It might of been just a problem during installation.. or just the CD is a what it seems .. A burnt copy that the computer gave to my brother when he had problems with his computer.
It worked a miracle on my other brothers computer that was running vista.. Boosted the computer heaps..

Might give XP another shot..One day i'll get Win7

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Windows 8 is designed so Microsoft can use it for everything from PC's to tablets. It's going to be an interesting experience that's for sure.

madnuts

Lives around high voltage
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commonwhore
what do you know about exchange 2007

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
What do you think about the new 2011 pin i7 E series chips from intel? $1000+ a lot of cash. Worth getting or let them run for 6 months and monitor the reviews?

As with anything new, i tend to let others buy them and write the reviews. Waiting a few months (if you can) is always better. the price will drop and any issues will surface in that time

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
what do you know about exchange 2007

haha, quite an open question! what do you want to know about exchange? I have done several migrations between exchange 2003 and 2007/2010 so have learnt a lot of the ins and outs of it.

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
As far as I can see Windows 8 is more for tablets and phones, I have heard that you can't even option back to a windows 7 desktop? if this is so alot of people will give it a miss

Nah, that is just media hype.

Windows 8 will have the option to have your desktop just like you did in Windows 7.

There will be changes to the way you log on and off the computer, but they more effect corporate environments.

The Phone 7 type interface looks interesting, but without a touch screen i think it will lose a lot of its "cool factor" on home PC's.

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
Thanks for all your replies guys...
I have tried XP once.. and I found it a bit slow.. It might of been just a problem during installation.. or just the CD is a what it seems .. A burnt copy that the computer gave to my brother when he had problems with his computer.
It worked a miracle on my other brothers computer that was running vista.. Boosted the computer heaps..

Might give XP another shot..One day i'll get Win7

I can get you a trial copy of Windows 7 if you are interested? You will have to download the ISO from the net, but it is a good way to try it out.

Personally, i have never pirated a copy of Windows to date. An OS is a very complicated bit of software, and dicking around with parts of it (and you never know what parts have been changed by the "reverse engineers") so you can end up with so many more problems due to it.

madnuts

Lives around high voltage
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commonwhore
haha, quite an open question! what do you want to know about exchange? I have done several migrations between exchange 2003 and 2007/2010 so have learnt a lot of the ins and outs of it.
Mx records and dns for mail server

Jaymz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec 1996, VS SS 1996
Mx records and dns for mail server

What exactly are you wanting to know about MX records? How they work, or how to set them up?