Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask The Mac Techie

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hi Guys,

I am a Mac Techie, Have been for about 5 years now
If You own a Mac, And have a question, Anything, such as apps, How to's etc.
If you have a Hardware fault with you machine, I Can help you out also, I Can even check you warranty of your product.
So leave any questions you may have and ill do my best to help ya out.
Oh also iPod warranties and Smashed iPhones i can help with.

Cheers. :)

Last edited:

drben69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commadore
1 is apple going to fix the dns issue;s in 10.5.6
2 is apple going to fix the binding macs to active directory problem on a network named .local
3 is apple going to update ipad's and ipods directory system on a od network
4 is apple going to fix the security issue with pram's on the unibodys
5 is apple going to release a new policy for the the 15 imac's i have with a few dead pixels and are not worthy enuf of a new lcd

Is apple going to release an update for the iphone for the alarm with daylight saving's

That is all

:)

drben69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commadore
Also i hear apple are getting hard on you resellers with sro's and so forth

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
havent had a single issue with any of my apple products (apart from my ipod being stolen, can they replace that?) so far, but if I do i'll let you know.

no wait! I will soon be in possession of an ipod touch 2nd gen that has a crack screen - yes the actual screen including the digitiser. Fairly sure it's out of warranty / wouldn't be covered anyway, also the audio jack apparently doesnt work too well, how much am I looking at to get you to fix it ?:)

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
1 is apple going to fix the dns issue;s in 10.5.6
2 is apple going to fix the binding macs to active directory problem on a network named .local
3 is apple going to update ipad's and ipods directory system on a od network
4 is apple going to fix the security issue with pram's on the unibodys
5 is apple going to release a new policy for the the 15 imac's i have with a few dead pixels and are not worthy enuf of a new lcd

Is apple going to release an update for the iphone for the alarm with daylight saving's

That is all

:)

OK, For Starters, I Know as much as you do when apple are releasing or fixing ****. DNS Issues with 10.5.6, How about updating it to 10.5.8, run behind of course you will have issues, considering, we are now on 10.6.4,
Active directory issues on a network named .local, SOrry mate but never seen any issues here.
As for the Dead Pixels, You will Find EVERY SINGLE maker of LCDs have the same rule when it comes to dead pixels and depends how big the screen is to how many must have failed, what color they are also. I Think apple have a much lower allowance then others when it comes to how many must have failed.
And yes Apple are releasing if not have already made a fix for the iPhone daylight savings.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
havent had a single issue with any of my apple products (apart from my ipod being stolen, can they replace that?) so far, but if I do i'll let you know.

no wait! I will soon be in possession of an ipod touch 2nd gen that has a crack screen - yes the actual screen including the digitiser. Fairly sure it's out of warranty / wouldn't be covered anyway, also the audio jack apparently doesnt work too well, how much am I looking at to get you to fix it ?:)

Hey Mate, Thankyou for a more sensible question.
Problem with the iPod touches, they are a hell of alot harder to replace the Digitiser, We have attempted a few at work and they have clips on the inside, that basically break, we have broken most touches attempting this, so we not longer try to repair them. Sorry. And the headphone jack is another complex one we also dont do as removing the glass brakes them :(.
Apple are great for making everything impossible to repair.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-

Hey Mate, Thankyou for a more sensible question.
Problem with the iPod touches, they are a hell of alot harder to replace the Digitiser, We have attempted a few at work and they have clips on the inside, that basically break, we have broken most touches attempting this, so we not longer try to repair them. Sorry. And the headphone jack is another complex one we also dont do as removing the glass brakes them :(.
Apple are great for making everything impossible to repair.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Sorry for the late reply guys as i have been away in Melbourne . Should be quicker responses from now :)

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Dropped my Iphone flat on its back the other week. No damage to cover or outer screen but LCD gone blank. Touch Screen still works.....

Would that just be a replacement LCD? need to get it looked at but would be nice to know what I'm up against

Hey Mate, When its blank do you mean its just white? or just nothing on the screen at all?
How do you know the touch screen still works if the Screen is bank?
If so the LCDs are i think $89 plus $70 to fit them. If the new screen is still blank its the logicboard for the whole phone thats screwed, and you cant get a replacement.