Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Audio System

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
im not sure about prices but i really like alpine splits. it really depends on your budget as to what speakers u can get. u dont nessacerily have to have all 1 brand either :) all brands r good at different things. If 1 of the more experienced guys came in here im sure they could point u in the right direction.

Just had a little look at the pioneer site. There is a set or 2 there that might suit ya

http://www.pioneer.com.au/products/car_entertainment/Speakers/TS_C_Speaker_Range/TSC160R

http://www.pioneer.com.au/products/car_entertainment/Speakers/TS_C_Speaker_Range/TSC1625

i wouldnt worry too much about the RRP on the site, you'll get them way cheaper than that now. i would go see your pioneer dealer or w/e u were gunna buy ya stuff and price them. I havnt heard them go so i got no idea how they would sound. were u gunna Amp ur speakers?? or just run them off your head unit?

Last edited:

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
when you're at a concert or the like, wheres the sound come from? the front, so it would be better for you if you amped the fronts and then got a sub before amping the rears.
the only one thing that you will get garanteed by getting someone to recommend speakers and going off that alone is disapointment because if you went out and listened to other speakers you will find one pair you prefer.
speakers are as personal as a used condom! (exageration but you get the idea! sorry if that offends. also i couldn't think of some thing more personal!).
go to a good car audio place (excludes JB because its alway noisy and so you will not beable to asses the tweeter characteristics well) to audition the speakers. if the model you love is cheap at jb go for it, but dont listen there.

EDIT: remember that if you are going to buy something from jb or the like, dont bargain the saleman down, just set a good price you think he might just go for and dont joke or small talk. really put the screws on, and ask for the product at THAT exact price, if they say no, then ask to see their supervisor, this will either make them make the sale as to not seem incompetent to their boss or they will get their boss and then talk to the boss and if need be bargain with them. also remember if it goes to the **** and they will not move TRY ANOTHER STORE OF THE SAME BRAND. its up to the boss'es/salesman's descresion to go for what ever price.

damn i have writers cramp from that!

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
i found most placesthat sell audio stuff also have old/ex demo stock out back.... good deals to be had if asked about. my kenwood headdeck, rrp $649, i got for 500 and the list goes on.. ive got un-amped splits up front and 6x9 at the back with a 12" sub and single bridged amp and thats more than enough to get you heard as well as sounding good inside..

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
nizmovk said:
i found most placesthat sell audio stuff also have old/ex demo stock out back.... good deals to be had if asked about. my kenwood headdeck, rrp $649, i got for 500 and the list goes on.. ive got un-amped splits up front and 6x9 at the back with a 12" sub and single bridged amp and thats more than enough to get you heard as well as sounding good inside..
OR import!
i got my alpine h/u for $250 aus dollars instead of the $800 it rrp'ed for!
importing doesn't have an australian warranty but who cares? with the money saved i could just buy another couple the the h/u's for spares.

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
just be carefull though some of them are rip off versions and crap out in no time once you start cranking them up..

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
not the US stuff from a reputable store :thumbsup: .
yes there is some stuff from asia that are knock offs but i am talking about buying from a good online store. also most VISA credit cards will pay for back if you are ripped off.

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
true.. i suppose going direct cuts out the middle man and his cuts.. its amazing what deals you can find if you really look around..!

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
hey wes if u want pioneer go with it im gettin the same hu and ive got focal split up front n pioneer 6x9s for a bit of bass wen not using my subs. and a decent amp to run the subs, if i was u i would go focal splits i love them or if u want pioneer they make a killer set that have a silver cone and "twisted" looking cone they absoloutly thump ive put a few of them in i also like dls splits if ur budget is smaller.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
thats the thing. american is usually around half aus price (on some/most things) and then there are stores offering 60-70% off items because they are higher end of the brand and they bought too many units and need to flog them off in order to meet quaterly/yearly budgets. i was looking at getting the second top of the line clarion 2004 h/u in 2005 but i just missed out. $1000ish AUD RRP for $300AUD after shipping and taxes (there are never taxes because you make sure the company put an approx value (eg so the goods are under tax laws. eg a gift of $200USD! so good!!!!!! which shopthestates.com put on with out me asking!:D ).
i hate ebay by the way, far too dodgy, but as good online store in the US, magic.:p

hey i am almost at 1000 posts. cool. on to 2000!