Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Audio System

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
hmmm.... i am missing the point here again. why not spend more?:thumbsup: the difference is audiable!:p

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
ok y spend copius amounts of money on a system that u can only run at a third of its potential when u can pay alot less for a system that you can run at half it potential

keep in mind its a daily driver so you want to be able to see and hear oncoming traffic etc

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
garfa said:
when you're at a concert or the like, wheres the sound come from? the front, so it would be better for you if you amped the fronts and then got a sub before amping the rears.
the only one thing that you will get garanteed by getting someone to recommend speakers and going off that alone is disapointment because if you went out and listened to other speakers you will find one pair you prefer.
speakers are as personal as a used condom! (exageration but you get the idea! sorry if that offends. also i couldn't think of some thing more personal!).
go to a good car audio place (excludes JB because its alway noisy and so you will not beable to asses the tweeter characteristics well) to audition the speakers. if the model you love is cheap at jb go for it, but dont listen there.

exactly. I just recommended those speakers coz if he has his heart set on pioneer stuff then they are ok speakers. I just heard a set of the TSC160R amped and they sounded pretty good. not brilliant but handled a bit of volume fairly well so meh. but yeh if ur not worried about havnt diff brands then u should always hear b4 u buy. I wanted all fusion so i just picked the ones suitable for me and got them. No demo at all lol. im happy with them but

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
sorry we over ran ur thread wes

a split has 2 speakers a woofer and a tweeter they also have a crossover or a low/hi pass filter. you have ur inch tweeter that does all of your highend sounds eg the cymbols and hi hat of a drum line, then ur 4", 5", 6", 6.5" woofer produces your midrange sounds like snare drum and vocals. splits give alot better sound quallity i just put a new set in mine and the sq wen up alot it sounds great now you can hear the difference.

these are splits 1" tweeter 6.5" woofer and the box is the crossover very easy to install from ur hu or amp u have the "imput" terminals on the crossover then u have the tweeter and woofer terminals very easy.

then your sub takes care of low end sounds like bass line and bass drums hence the doof doof

BigDaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
and coaxial or 'normal' speakers basically have a tweeter(s) on the speaker and doesnt give ya the great staging effect. and sum coaxials have the tweeter mounted thru the cone which can make it weak and distort the sound etc etc

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
to recap a common-axal speaker is called that because the tweeter/s and woofer are mounted on the same axis.
a component or split is named because the components are split from each other, compared to a coaxal, with the components being each speaker.
now al the 2/3/4/5-way part means is that there are 2/3/4/5 speakers in the system.
component speakers usually come in 2 way systems and fairly often 3 way systems, but the 3 way systems are harder to mount because most cars dont have a spot toput the middle sized speaker.
common-axal systems can have upto around 5 speakers in one. eg a big woofer a couple of midrange speakers and then tweeters for the high stuff.
common-axal may sound better than component, but as said before, they offer the ability to place the tweeters pointing directly at you (higher the frequency the more it needs to be pointing right at you to keep it sounding good) and also the compoent systems, considered superior for sound quality (SQ), are made to higher price ranges and will usually sound better if compared to the same price range common-axals.

wes_v8

WES_VN
Reaction score
Website
streetrides.20.forumer.com
Members Ride
04 Vz Sv6 6 speed
k thanx for that, yea now im thinkin of goin with the 260W pioneer in rear, sub, new pioneer head deck, and ill go listen to sum splits the focal ones seem pretty good, they did a reveiw of sum 6.5" in the street commys mag, and the focals got there pick, i don't wanna go 2 expensive just a good sounding audio system, any more comments would be appreciated

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
id sujest the pioneer splits then there cheaper than any of focals decent splits. focals are very ecpencive because they are hand built and ppl think that there average models beat most companys spl ranges. ro so i have heard some ppl say i got mine cheap through a mate so i was lucky mine retail from bout 280+ so there for ppl who have a big budget for splits. wes if i was you id buy the silver cone pioneers that were sujested before by BigDaz ive put them in other commies and they give amazing sq i put them in a vt most recontly and they sounded great. his system was pioneer hu thoses splits in the front doors 3 way coax in the rear doors and 3 way 6x9s in the shelf it was a good alround set up had great sq and wasnt overpowering great for full car loaded cruses

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
wes_v8 said:
k thanx for that, yea now im thinkin of goin with the 260W pioneer in rear, sub, new pioneer head deck, and ill go listen to sum splits the focal ones seem pretty good, they did a reveiw of sum 6.5" in the street commys mag, and the focals got there pick, i don't wanna go 2 expensive just a good sounding audio system, any more comments would be appreciated
whats your budget? good sq to some people is poor sq to others. so you need to define a range.