Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Aussieakito's VY SS Manual

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
mate thats ####in tits! leave it as is, no touchy...

Agreed, and leave the standard VY SS wheels on it as they look way better than anything aftermarket imo.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
Ive had a think about what wheels i want and i keep coming back to just leaving them standard
but the height will change and im 100% going coil overs.

Not much else will change on the outside
Possible a roof spoiler (little lip thing) and a boot lip but i havent decided... although i love the standard ss spoiler as it suits the body kit

aussieakito

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Updates

Well not really an update but just trying to document some things.
So im going away mid FEB for 2 weeks away with the misses, after this (late feb early March) is when i am going to start spending a little more on the SS
Praise jeebus for yearly pay rises

The plan
By the end of this year i want to have the wheel bearings changed (Both fronts are noisy, not sure why.. possibly because the car was barely driven before i owned it? i dunno)
I want to have the brakes upgraded, just some Slotted T2's and Brembo performance pads.
I would also like to have the coil overs in.

engine
Hopefully i will be able to purchase the Cam, lifters, oil pump and a complete gasket kit this year and get the engine out early next, Get the heads sent off for some work and get it all back together just before i get off my P's

Wheels
Now i know a lot of people say i should keep the standard rims but i want it to stand out a bit more, as its not a daily i've chosen Gold FR's
orrrrrr

Posssibbblllyyy what ever these are because they look amazing, with yellow walls just like this and yellow callipers
10869376_10206099252149801_5677645108481847306_o.jpg

Exhaust
The SS already had a twin 2.5 stainless system with 4 into 1 pacemaker extractors but i feel like its just missing a bit of grumple when downshifting (want more popping)
So ill be replacing the rear muffler with hot dogs, ive been told by a few people that this would get me the sound im after, although i would appreciate N_A_A_F's opinion on the matter

Misc
not sure when ill buy these things, more just a "if they show up for sale ill buy them" type thing
VZ SS tail lights

Not to sure for this but possibly a calais boot lip

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
ktata: post up a pic of your front tires for me ;)

aussieakito

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
ktata: post up a pic of your front tires for me ;)

If you think im thinking the noise of the bearings is simply feathered tyres ive already checked.
Ive put it up on the hoist and spun the wheel, had the stethoscope out and everything lmao
Sadly, it really is the bearings

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
If you think im thinking the noise of the bearings is simply feathered tyres ive already checked.
Ive put it up on the hoist and spun the wheel, had the stethoscope out and everything lmao
Sadly, it really is the bearings

Fair nuff. It's usually the directional type tires from my experience, particularly cheap ones.

kumhv3.ang.jpg

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Genuine 3 piece or don't bother.