Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Australia to get nuclear-powered submarines, YEAHHHHHHH!!! ABOUT TIME.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
RE: Freeway
Have some bad news as the Queensland Government want to resume our land as the house is roughly in the middle of the proposed new freeway.
I say NO!! BUILD THERE FREEWAY FURTHER WEST (only 500Mtrs away, plenty of bush, Yes built it further west). I has cost us a fortune to build our Satellite Monitor System and it has taken 5 Years to build it and i'm to OLD, worn out, to even think about this. I have trouble today maintaining it "eg" Paint the Dishes + buying new Equipment, Modifying the System to suit new equipment. Too many Strokes to even think about this.

Is this where you need the nuclear sub, or some other nuclear weapon?

Honestly, the gov't don't give a rats about what you have built....They want your land, they take it and there's bugger all you can do about it, except cop it up the coit....

Living in S.A, the gov't is in the middle of aquiring land for a road extension....There is constant whinging and whining from those land owners over this aquisition, but at the end of the day, the gov't will win...

It sucks but so do a million other things that we have to wear....this happens to be another one of those

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Honestly, the gov't don't give a rats about what you have built....They want your land, they take it and there's bugger all you can do about it, except cop it up the coit....
Yes I know this but you can all way try as they have another route but it might cost them more (Tunnels) I would like to say more about this but I cannot believe how stupid our Governments are, State and Federal, I have a feeling that we wont need a highway as there will be no 2032 Olympics.
I

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yes I know this but you can all way try as they have another route but it might cost them more (Tunnels) I would like to say more about this but I cannot believe how stupid our Governments are, State and Federal, I have a feeling that we wont need a highway as there will be no 2032 Olympics.
I

The gov't is all about doing it on the cheap.....You see, if they do it the expensive way, other people whinge and whine about how it cost 50 million more than it should have....

You have to also consider, the gov't have to also plan ahead.....If they wait too long to put a new road in, then more people whinge and whine that it should have been done 50 years ago.

The gov't also have to keep the greenies happy...ie not cut down too many trees....Make sure the wildlife habitat isn't impacted too much....Make sure certain trees have the right hollow spacing so they can hide in there and get their blow jobs without being sprung...etc etc

I hear the whole lot in the media in S.A with a new extension being done here.....If you do some research about the South Road extension in Adelaide, you might understand what I'm referring to in relation to the whinging and whining about cost and land saquisition...

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
The gov't is all about doing it on the cheap.....You see, if they do it the expensive way, other people whinge and whine about how it cost 50 million more than it should have....

You have to also consider, the gov't have to also plan ahead.....If they wait too long to put a new road in, then more people whinge and whine that it should have been done 50 years ago.

The gov't also have to keep the greenies happy...ie not cut down too many trees....Make sure the wildlife habitat isn't impacted too much....Make sure certain trees have the right hollow spacing so they can hide in there and get their blow jobs without being sprung...etc etc

I hear the whole lot in the media in S.A with a new extension being done here.....If you do some research about the South Road extension in Adelaide, you might understand what I'm referring to in relation to the whinging and whining about cost and land saquisition...
Sounds like I need to move to SA if that’s how it works there. Here in Queensland they waste as much money as possible resurfacing roads the don’t need resurfacing (like the Ipswich motorway atm).

They only build what was required 30 years ago to the same standard it was required to be at 30 years ago (like the one lane each way Centenary Highway extension. Or the Ipswich Motorway being expanded to four lanes each way only because the federal seat of Blair was in contention during the election John Howard lost).

Or they just don’t upgrade the motorway at all (like the intersection on the Centenary highway to RAAF Amberley where the highway is backed up for kilometres every weekday because everyone working at the RAAF base has to cross the highway to get to work).

To be fair to the Queensland government they get SFA funding from the feds as the LNP are corrupt as fuk and make sure Labor governments don’t get funding for federal highways.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Sounds like I need to move to SA if that’s how it works there. Here in Queensland they waste as much money as possible resurfacing roads the don’t need resurfacing (like the Ipswich motorway atm).

They only build what was required 30 years ago to the same standard it was required to be at 30 years ago (like the one lane each way Centenary Highway extension. Or the Ipswich Motorway being expanded to four lanes each way only because the federal seat of Blair was in contention during the election John Howard lost).

Or they just don’t upgrade the motorway at all (like the intersection on the Centenary highway to RAAF Amberley where the highway is backed up for kilometres every weekday because everyone working at the RAAF base has to cross the highway to get to work).

To be fair to the Queensland government they get SFA funding from the feds as the LNP are corrupt as fuk and make sure Labor governments don’t get funding.

You're referring to the Australian way of road works.....Upgrade crap that should have been done 30 years prior...Do roadworks on roads that don't need it and stuff the roads that do need it....

That being said, the gov't are stuffed if they do, stuffed if they don't when it comes to the roads.....People whinge when roads are done when it isn't necessary and people whinge when new roads are getting put in, whether they are needed or not....They even whinge when the roads are being fixed because they need to be, because the poor old soles get stuck in traffic.....It's part and parcel of life....

I can also tell you, this upgrade being done in Adelaide is at least 25 years over due....I say that time frame because that's how long I've lived here

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
You're referring to the Australian way of road works.....Upgrade crap that should have been done 30 years prior...Do roadworks on roads that don't need it and stuff the roads that do need it....

That being said, the gov't are stuffed if they do, stuffed if they don't when it comes to the roads.....People whinge when roads are done when it isn't necessary and people whinge when new roads are getting put in, whether they are needed or not....They even whinge when the roads are being fixed because they need to be, because the poor old soles get stuck in traffic.....It's part and parcel of life....

I can also tell you, this upgrade being done in Adelaide is at least 25 years over due....I say that time frame because that's how long I've lived here
I find that the major problems with roads are with ones that are controlled by state and federal governments. Local council roads (at least in the areas I drive) seem to be reasonably well maintained.

I think this is the case because local council is closer to the people as well as councillors actually have to drive on those roads too. They probably cop more complaints than state governments and federal governments too who are literally untouchable in their ivory towers. The state and federal MPs almost never have to drive on the **** roads that they foist on everyone else.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I find that the major problems with roads are with ones that are controlled by state and federal governments. Local council roads (at least in the areas I drive) seem to be reasonably well maintained.

I think this is the case because local council is closer to the people as well as councillors actually have to drive on those roads too. They probably cop more complaints than state governments and federal governments too who are literally untouchable in their ivory towers. The state and federal MPs almost never have to drive on the **** roads that they foist on everyone else.

Wouldn't go that far.....In my area alone, the roads are shite at best....The roads around the local council chambers itself are absolute shite compared to the rest....So in my area, we an discount the councillers having a bigger pull out the window....

I drive along an expressway to and from work everyday....They have started re-surfacing that road in the last month, despite it being in good condition.....It is part of my council area.....So an example of throwing money away just because they could....

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wouldn't go that far.....In my area alone, the roads are shite at best....The roads around the local council chambers itself are absolute shite compared to the rest....So in my area, we an discount the councillers having a bigger pull out the window....

I drive along an expressway to and from work everyday....They have started re-surfacing that road in the last month, despite it being in good condition.....It is part of my council area.....So an example of throwing money away just because they could....
An expressway normally isn’t a local council responsibility, that will normally be state or federal government controlled. State and federal governments are the worst for wasting money on roads that don’t need resurfacing.

I seriously think that a lot of the time the contractor is told to fix X and they go and “fix” Y because it’s easier. This won’t be picked up by state or federal governments as they are in their ivory towers whereas local government is a lot more likely to pick up that the contractor didn’t fix the correct section of road. Well that’s my theory anyway.