Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Auto trans service

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Hi
I am due a service on my transmission and i am thinking about doing it myself,but i have no idea where to start.
I have a filter kit and 8ltrs on Penrite ATF DX-VI fully synthetic auto trans fluid,as recommend by my local car parts store
Does anyone a step by step guide or any tips?
Cheers.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Have a look at YouTube, there's plenty.

It's pretty straight forward,
Drop the pan, keep a tray underneath to catch the drips, change other the filter, (pulls out and pushes in) clean the pan and refit with new gasket.

Sent from your god, for you to worship and give money

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Hi
I am due a service on my transmission and i am thinking about doing it myself,but i have no idea where to start.
I have a filter kit and 8ltrs on Penrite ATF DX-VI fully synthetic auto trans fluid,as recommend by my local car parts store
Does anyone a step by step guide or any tips?
Cheers.

Doing a search on the Forum is your friend.

Anyhow I remember reading this thread below a while back and I thought it was quite helpful. (There may be others though). Hope it helps you and other readers. Cheers S

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/how-change-transmission-oil-filter.166259

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
On the subject of auto transmission fluid... Can anyone confirm if there is a better product to use out there? Years ago I remember (For Jap cars at least) Redline products were all the rage & if you where likely drive your auto hard & wanted to make sure it was well looked after it was the go. Wasn't cheap though.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
If you drive hard just change the fluid more often. Dex VI seems to do the job.

Keep in mind if your car doesnt have a dipstick for the AT there is a special way to make sure the level is correct ie must be at a certain temp etc

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
On the subject of auto transmission fluid... Can anyone confirm if there is a better product to use out there? Years ago I remember (For Jap cars at least) Redline products were all the rage & if you where likely drive your auto hard & wanted to make sure it was well looked after it was the go. Wasn't cheap though.

check out the gear from mainlube. these guys know their oil. it is expensive but far superior then anything availible off the shelf