Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Battery Saver Mode On

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by simon.w, Sep 29, 2008.

1. simon.w

simon.w New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV
    Hi all

jumped in the SSV the other morning ... car started fine ... all of a sudden I notice that the trip computer display is saying "Battery Saver Mode On".

Wouldn't let me toggle between info, and also interestingly, the jog wheel on the left hand side of the steering wheel would not shuffle between CD tracks or radio stations but I could use the mode button.

Came good after about 10 minutes, and have not seen it again since.

Owners Handbook says that it is a warning for low battery voltage, however I think it was more like a computer error.

Anyone else seen this?

2. ashbox

ashbox back in black

Members Ride:
    something black
    could be your battery, i might come good after a while because of the alt but then it should charge the battery. might have batt terminal issues?

3. andyman

andyman The Only 6sp VZ Wagon

Members Ride:
    2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
    there is a tech bulliten out for a poor connection in the main positive feed line just in front of the flywall, somewhere around there. im not sure how many vehicles may be affected.

id also go to the engineering mode, by holding the enter button down while turning the ignition on, and scroll down to battery level and see what it says. if its low, see if holden will charge the battery under warrenty, you need a special charger that charges calcium batteries so your backyard charger wont fully charge them

4. simon.w

simon.w New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SSV
    Thanks Andyman - good advice!