Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Brock Replica?

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Hey guys,

I have been a Holden man all my life, my old man had a VL Walkingshaw when I was a kid.

I have been really doing some thinking lately and would love to build a replica of one of the HDT Brock cars. I have little to no knowledge of cars, don't have any contacts in the "game" that I can get help with the work involved, I will be pretty much asking on here and doing my own research.

I really love the Blue VK Brock and was thinking of a Group A/3 which I have read was based on the VK Berlina.

I have a budget of around $40k

is it possible or should I buy an already made replica?

Any advice will be much appreciated. I live in Sydney NSW

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Depending on the base that you started with, I'm not sure you could get it done for that budget without doing a lot of work yourself or having good mates in the industry.

How about this for a list price of $33k.

$_20.JPG

More here - http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cars...rmula-blue-3-speed-automatic-sedan/1123344729

P.S. I am in no way affiliated with the vendor. You're thread just got me curious as to what was out there.

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Last edited:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Those ones are little overpriced for what they are.

For 40k easier/cheaper to buy what you want with patience than to build one.Still lots of coin for an old jalopy

Good shells can go for 5k...factory 5 litre /auto rough mockup sellers want 20k
driveline d.i.y efi 5l conversion 5k or lots,lots more if go crazy
new aeros or momo or 1 peice smmons 1500-3k
paint/panel/kit/stickers/incidentals - you really dont want to know'
scheel interior anything up to 10k

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
Didn't think it was that bad

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Would definitely be cheaper to buy one that someone else has emptied their piggy bank into.

Lacksballs

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
VK Group C Replica, 1995 VR Sedan
For $40k you should be able to get into a genuine HDT VK (it may not be immaculate & be prepared to invest a little more into it) or you will get a really good replica.

If you go replica, make sure all modifications are compliant in NSW (or if purchased interstate can be), the last thing you need is not been able to drive it once you get it home or can't insure it. Don't be afraid to pay someone to do an appraisal for you, it could be the best $200-300 you ever spend.

If you purchase a real HDT model it will always be the genuine article, there will be NO more Brock HDT's coming out of Bertie Street. A genuine car should always fetch more than replicas. HDT have a website that you can pay to have the any HDT vehicle verified (a good piece of mind).

Have a look on "carsales" there was recently a matching numbers Asteroid Silver HDT VK LM 5000, T5 manual (build No: 1347) for $35k in VIC, by the time you ship it back to Sydney, rego it & pay the stamp duty there goes your $40k (I am in no way affiliated with this vendor).

Easy!!! Good luck.

scaredyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Lumina Wagon
I really wanted a car that looks good and that I can drive all the time. I'll just think about it a bit more. Thanks guys