Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

big 3 upgrade - VY Commodore

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
So, using your image, you placed a cable from your battery negative to this bolt in the red circle? Is this considered the engine block ground upgrade?
ground.jpg

I have already had a look around, and I think I know where the positive wire upgrade from the alternator would go, however there isn't much room to get another ring terminal on there.. so I would just like to see how other people have solved this problem, as I know there are many who have.. No point trying to come up with another solution if a viable one has already been found :).

Thanks
Denno

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
umm, yeah thats it. i havnt tested it there thou, i orginally wanted to put it on another bolt behind the belt thing, but couldnt get to it.

you get rid of the old one and put the new one in, i cut a bit of the plastic off to fit it

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Oh ok... Well I look forward to photo's of your work :), when you get around to finishing it and everything.

Good stuff mate.
Denno

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I just did the 'Big 3' in my VY, with 00guage wire, hydraulic hex crimped ends etc, i'll post up some pictures when i get a chance.

HOLD3N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Im doing this soon, just getting some cable crimps etc together. good read.