Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blocking automatic Windows 10 update

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It is NOT COMPULSORY to upgrade to Windows 10. If you think it is, then I'm sorry I'm not trying to be nasty, but you don't understand the process entirely.

It's also not a ploy to sell, sell, sell as has been said above. If it were, it wouldn't be free. What they're doing, is trying to get as many people onto a single platform as possible? Why? Because it allows for far superior support and bug fixing. Gone are the days of service pack releases as we know them.

Apple have been doing it for years! A single platform. Version upgrades aren't compulsory either. But everyone is using the same platform.

That is correct it is not compulsory, however once the installer is loaded you don't have the option to remove it. MS are not upfront about the win10 upgrade because it was uploaded via the critical updates system which they recommend is set to automatic and wasn't even labelled as a OS upgrade which clearly indicates it was deceitful.

Fact is what MS are doing is considered SPAM here in NZ and as such would be illegal.

So do you understand everything that win 10 does, are you sure you are preventing it from uploading any data/info back to MS?

MS doesn't do anything unless it stands to gain something, short term, long term do you truly know what they are up to?

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
if you don't like windows 10 then just go back to 7 / 8.1 .. this is done thru update and security ..

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
So do you understand everything that win 10 does, are you sure you are preventing it from uploading any data/info back to MS?

Understand fully. When it comes to my home system, I am in control. :D

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Well, so far I've managed to evade the download but it seems pointless to continue trying to duck. I'll let it proceed when it tries next time and see how things go.

Interesting that it blocks Bittorrent. I've used that app a few times in the past so it might be lost. We'll see what happens.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Well, so far I've managed to evade the download but it seems pointless to continue trying to duck. I'll let it proceed when it tries next time and see how things go.

Interesting that it blocks Bittorrent. I've used that app a few times in the past so it might be lost. We'll see what happens.
Bit torrent is a bit important to me so if there's no easy find fix for that I'll be seriously looking to go back to W7.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Sooooo... I don't know what people are talking about. Never had an issue with BitTorrent on Windows 10. I use μTorrent as my client.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Sooooo... I don't know what people are talking about. Never had an issue with BitTorrent on Windows 10. I use μTorrent as my client.
I use UTorrent 3.4.1 to manage them but find them with 'Kick Ass Torrents'. I can load and search the Kick Ass pages but when I go to start the torrent I get Pop up "That Publisher is blocked : 'Bit Torrent Inc.' "

Just found the BitTorrent.com home page. Never seen it before. No direct Search function there, so I have to hit the 'Download' to get Search access. ?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
interestingly enough utorrent is owned by bittorent inc, they bought it about 10 years ago.

Enjoy that tidbit.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Oh I almost forgot. Windows 8.1 had Family Safety which was local to the machine. Windows 10 now forces you to make a Microsoft email address as well as your children and everything is managed online. Stuff that for a joke.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
I use UTorrent 3.4.1 to manage them but find them with 'Kick Ass Torrents'. I can load and search the Kick Ass pages but when I go to start the torrent I get Pop up "That Publisher is blocked : 'Bit Torrent Inc.' "

Just found the BitTorrent.com home page. Never seen it before. No direct Search function there, so I have to hit the 'Download' to get Search access. ?

yea id be getting rid of 3.4.1, its known to have all kinds of crap installed with it which is why it is banned from most private trackers.

Roll back to 2.2.1 or use something else like Deluge.