Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blue 3.3 questions

no-doof

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
Hey guys, got a few questions regarding by Blue 3.3 in my VC wagon.

I have got a new thermostat cover. The old one which is still on the car has a plastic tree (looks like the ones on the intake manifold). One hose goes from the distributor and then goes back to the carby (I'm assuming this is vac advance?) There was another line going from there to another plastic tree on the intake manifold and then from there to EFE vacuum motor (pretty sure thats what its called) It activates two levers on the exhaust manifold but doesn't actually work anymore.

The new thermostat cover doesn't have provisions for the plastic tree at all, and was wondering what is it's function...and can I get away with just running the line straight from the carby back to the dizzy?

As for the line from the vacuum motor thingo... I've disconnected this completely as it wasn't working anyway and I broke the tree on the manifold accidentally. I've just put a bolt in it for now and it seems to run ok. Can I get away with just leaving it or taking it off altogether?

Also, I'm looking at extractors and some of them come with ports that run back into the intake manifold for cold starting and some don't... any advice?

Cheers in advance

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
the 3 Port thermal Vacuum Switch mounted in the top of the Thermostat Housing
That directs vacuum from the ported vac port to the vac advance unit unless the motor is over 104 degrees it then switches to manifold vacuum (to increase the fan speed to help cool).
Is what i reckon it does I asked this on another site the other day trying to find out. If its a rwc item as the arsehole put on the list emission system not connect correctly the only thing I don't have is that tvs,
I'm still at a lose to prove its not in the gregorys manual its on the emission control diagram.
efi extractors have 1 out let of the extractor to the inlet maybe they are efi extractors (don't take my work for it) but don't think they fit on with a carby manifold.
Anyone able to tell me if the said tvs is critical to rwc for an injected vk?
Can they still be brought Every dunger I see they are all ways broken.