Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bluetooth Handsfree in the VE

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Hey guys, my dad just bought a VE Omega and we are looking into the bluetooth option. Is it plug and play? You just get the module and plug it in under the glovebox and away you go? Anyone post the instructions so I can have a look.

welly01

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
mine was working fine when i had the nokia fone .. just recently changed to samsung and blu tooth has gone stupid . it worked ok for a bit then one day last week i got a call whilst driving ( radio cut out as normal) then after the call ended there was this strange silence couldnt get the radio back on or anything .. even stopped car and turned ignition off and restarted again .. still the same .. had me buggered ! .. then i pressed the fone button on steering wheel and held it down for a bit and suddenly radio came back on.
but now if i try to make a call .. voice in comes up as normal evrything goes quite but nothing happens from my end..it rings at the receiving end but i cant tell whats happening as i cant hear anything ..from the car blutooth or from the fone itself.. it like its working but its in mute or something..

is there a default setting so i can start all over again ?

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
Bluetooth more a pain

I've never been happy with the bluetooth on my SSV.

Had 2 brands of phone and same problems. Caller at other end can hardly hear - if I adjust volume it creates echo.

Call quality flakey at best.

Still will have to do.:bang::bang:

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Never had a problem with the factory fitted BT in the VE Calais or the E-Series Clubsport. Worked/works fine with two seperate devices... A Nokia 6233 and a BlackBerry Pearl 8100.

Echo only happens when you leave the caller on all four speakers. Changed mine to just the driver's side front and leave volume on 25 - 28 in any traffic. No echo and other end can hear me fine :D

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Never had a problem with the factory fitted BT in the VE Calais or the E-Series Clubsport. Worked/works fine with two seperate devices... A Nokia 6233 and a BlackBerry Pearl 8100.

Echo only happens when you leave the caller on all four speakers. Changed mine to just the driver's side front and leave volume on 25 - 28 in any traffic. No echo and other end can hear me fine :D

I was in a Lexus the other day and it only plays the BT and Sat Nav out of the drivers area speakers, which I thought was excellent, but how do you make the VE Calais do that, I've never noticed that setting in mine?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
While you're on the phone set the balance and fade to full right and full front respectively. It only changes it for the "Voice-In". Goes back to your other settings afterwards.

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
While you're on the phone set the balance and fade to full right and full front respectively. It only changes it for the "Voice-In". Goes back to your other settings afterwards.

That's so obvious, I was looking for a "special setting"..

Thanks !!!

paulevered

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Hey guys, my dad just bought a VE Omega and we are looking into the bluetooth option. Is it plug and play? You just get the module and plug it in under the glovebox and away you go? Anyone post the instructions so I can have a look.

You are correct, its very easy.
Theres about 7 or 8 screws to take the whole glovebox out (as a single unit) and connect the blackbox to the cable then clip the box to the frame.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Sweet sounds good. I'll let him know, cheers mate.