Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bolt in Cage: where can i get one?

jetpilot888

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VS racer; Ford Focus; Lexus IS200; Rodeo
G'day
i live in queensland, 10 mins from lakeside. i'm building a vs commodore for track use in particular hill-climbs and various club days and aasa events. i'm looking for a bolt in cage for the car, but im not sure where i can find one. if anyone can help that'd be much appreciated.
thanks
todd

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
My friend has one in his VR sedan, but it's weld in on the main bars. He's at powercruise so I'll probably talk to him on the weekend and see who did his.

Blown355cca

Tyre Torturer
Reaction score
Website
www.clubcommodore.com
Members Ride
Frankenstein "VR 666"
i've got a 6 point bolt in cage from bond roll bars in qld and can vouch for their quality, ease of fitment, ect. The only part that needs to be welded is the rear bars once you work out how long they need to be. (all depends on where you sit in releation to the main hoop)

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I have just had a cage built for my VS. It was done through Monro Race Cars at Brendale 92/ 193 Southpine Rd (07) 3889 8665.

Give John a call or pop around and have a chat to him. I could not be happier with the job that they have done.

One thing you might want to look into is the new CAMS regulations regarding Roll Cages. They have made some changes so what you may have as a picture in your mind of what you want may no longer be certifiable. They have also made changes to the padding requirements.

Most of the Hill Climbs still fall under the CAMS banner.

This link will give you all the information that you should need for the type of cage that you are after.
http://www.camsmanual.com.au/pdf/10_gen_req/GQ11_Schedule_J_2012-1.pdf