Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BREAKTHROUGH - Now able to enable rear channels in VY/VZ ute stereos....

Discussion in 'ASR Audio & Electronics' started by Phreddy, May 30, 2010.

1. Phreddy

Phreddy Bye SV6 - still love you

Members Ride:
    VS-II Statey-8
    Along with a very large THANK YOU to Launch Tech's support department and local engineering team, I now have an update for my tech tool which allows reprogramming of the Blaupunkt head unit "function code".

In a nutshell, it allows me to re-enable the rear channel function in units that are fitted to - or have originally come from - VY and VZ utes. For those not aware, the units fitted to utes have no rear channel operation - there's no output from the rear speaker terminals, nor is there a "Fader" function when cycling through the control options on the control knob. Naturally, this can be an issue if for example you buy a second hand six-stacker to replace your single disc unit - if it came from a ute, suddenly you have no rear channels!

For the longest time I haad to send customers to Holden (ugh!) because I wasn't able to do it - most of the time I had to end up sending the instructions (via the customer) after the dealers denied that it could be done... Even had one dealer that straight out LIED to my customer, claiming that it must have been something I had done wrong... :ranting:

Well thanks to my new update that's all changed. Woo-hoo!! :dance:

Ute pilots might also be interested in the ability to hook up some rear speakers, and actually be able to wire them in - with a proper fader to control the level - or to make full use of the four channel outputs provided by the RCA modification... Hmmm, the possibilities! :)

Cheerz!

2. rch-13z

rch-13z im rick james..... bitch!

Members Ride:
    VT Exec
    Good work Gregory! I'll share the info on Facebook & twitter...

3. ProMaX

ProMaX Make way!

Members Ride:
    04 VZ SS Impulse Blue Ute
    thats fantastic.. I've been meaning to ask if this was possible but i know now that there isn't a need to ask =]

I was thinking about having 2 speakers in the tray that i can "fade out" when i'm not using them, this will definately save me alot of money now that i don't have to buy a second hand blaupunkt 6 stacker from a sedan

anyways.. congrats on your find :D

4. touchwood

touchwood New Member

Members Ride:
    VY `S` & VZ SS Ute....
    I should check back here more often , looks like I'll hafta tee up another trip to see you Greg :)

5. Shovelhead

Shovelhead New Member

Members Ride:
    2007 VZ SS Thunder & 1999 VS SS Ute
    G'day Phreddy,, I removed the 6 stacker from my 07 Thunder ute and fitted it to my son's VY sedan and found that as you say nothing works. This prompted me to join Just Commodores. Once doing so I logged in and went to the Audio threads and your article is one of the first there. With regards to these ute systems. What is required to have this unit converted to fit a sedan please. I am I Perth WA. Cheerz Rick

6. wrx884

wrx884 WA's ASR Rep

Members Ride:
    VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
    You need a tech 2 unit so u can enable the rear channels, any1 with that unit can sort u out, should only take 15mins to do, so ring around as some dealerships seem to want to try rip u off with these until they get told wats needed to do LOL.

7. Mike Doyle

Mike Doyle New Member

Members Ride:
    Vl
    Hmm ok that sounds fine for you tech people but what does that mean to us tech dummies. What is a tech 2 unit and who would have one in a country town like Kalgoorlie Cheers Mike

8. Hasbperk

Hasbperk New Member

Members Ride:
    Sask.o7
    That sounds very cool.