Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying new Balancer online from MACE... Little confused

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
VT II - VE GEN IV BALANCERS - Mace Engineering Group

Which one do I want? I'm a little confused...
I heard someone tell me that a street/race one would be good as it'll help with performance or some such jazz.
Had the mechanic tell me today mine is fried... So I'm going to supply the parts, as Mace do them for literally half what I've been quoted from the Mechanic.
I want to order it tonight but I don't want to order the wrong one lol.
Will I notice much of a difference between the top standard OEM one or should I be going to the Race or something.... I don't plan on making this a drag car lol, It's my daily/fun car. (I have a company car for business hours)

Longman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0 Auto
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but is it generally a good idea to replace the tensioner pulleys and belts at the same time if fitting a new balancer? I need one, was thinking of an underdrive kit, but these race balancers look and sound good too, for less $, unless of course replacing other pulleys at the same time. Just not sure which way to go.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
I wouldn't bother replacing them unless the belt is old or the pulleys are making noise or the bearing feel rough (when spun when the belt is removed).

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Yep agreed with Big-Al, if the pulleys don't make noise don't bother replacing it. But if an underdriven pulley/balancer is purchased you will need new belts