Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] C5 corvette calipers fitted to vz ss

Mward23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ssz ute
Love when people read the whole thread..
Sorry mate just don’t really understand what you mean.

My intention was to put the 330mm discs with these calipers.

Mward23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ssz ute
That's the real issue, don't think you're going to find them.

In regard to my last post, both stock and c5/c6 calipers are 2 piston calipers made by PBR, Both 1332 and 7599's have a similar surface area. So no not much difference without the larger disc
Yeah right well in that case I may just sell them.
I got them at a good price so thought why not give these a go instead of spending mega dollars on brembos or the harrop upgrade.

I ideally would like a set of the calipers that come on my vz ssz but the only set available is around 1600 dollars and I’m not paying that for them.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
Thats why people are charging.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
The front caliper brackets wouldn’t be difficult to reproduce. It would just be a matter of finding somebody willing to do it.

I do happen to know a bloke with a set of rears including brackets and calipers he may be willing to sell.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
The front caliper brackets wouldn’t be difficult to reproduce. It would just be a matter of finding somebody willing to do it.

I do happen to know a bloke with a set of rears including brackets and calipers he may be willing to sell.
If you had a spare set of brackets, took it to the engineering shop up the street who can measure, scan, convert to cad and then CNC them. Easy as.

Mward23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ssz ute

Yeah mate, I would be willing to pursue that option but I have no idea of measurements and I don’t even know the correct name of the bracket to research it.

Would the rears need brackets?

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
The point being if you don't want chop out the $1500 then this isn't really an avenue. Keep in mind many have tried to go down this path before, if there were worthwhile they'd be readily available.

The Upgrade most people look at now is a kit from the USA that allows you to buy brembo's and ssv redline rotors for VT-VZ for less than the Harrop kit

Reactions: Lex

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
google Bohnman customs you're keen

1686640116282.png