Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais abs message and bulb fail.

aj1987

05 VZ Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Calais
hmmm, ok, might go over all of the connections with WD40 on the weekend and make sure they're all good.
At this rate, looks like I'll just spend the weekend going over and servicing every little thing on the car. MAybe a little TLC is all it needs. ;)

cheers

Stealth - Do you get the abs problem as well?

Last edited:

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
Im going with Battery issue also. Once a decent new battery installed, Im thinking it should be all good.

With regards to "rear bulb failure", as previously said, could be to do with dusty connections, or unless you have gone to LED's in any lights eg number plate lights, this can cause error message.

Also, with regard to ABS Fault, this can not only be caused by a low or old battery, but also people who have HID's installed. Upon initial startup, HID's require a fair amount of power and they can make a decent battery look ordinary for just a minute and allow quick beeps of ABS or Brake or ESP fault. Normally only happens when starting car from a cold start and turning HID's on straight away. Because a cold start is when battery is being pushed hard compared to a warm start eg after car has been driven just recently.

S

StealthCalais

AJ - I do get the ABS issue, as I said -very rarely though maybe once a month. HoldenOnn makes a good point with HID's it appears reasonable with the increased load on the battery.