Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Calais/Statesman Eurovox wiring pinout question

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Hi Guys,

Basically i'm putting a Calais/Statesman Eurovox cd player into a berlina along with it's Steering wheel buttons etc. Only one thing is there are a few wires that aren't shown on the gregories manual, either there is a small error in the manual or i'm getting confused. The eurovox pinouts for VN onwards doesn't help much with the wires i'm interested in, maybe somebody here has the pinouts for the 8491v?

Here is a picture showing the plug, basically I want to know which wire is the one that goes from the head unit to the "Radio Remote" module near the BCM. Gregories says it's a Grey wire, from what the manual shows there are 2 grey wires, one of them for a speaker, the other one for the module which is not on my plug or maybe pulled out? There also is a brown wire on my plug that is not shown on the workshop manual.

So either i'm missing the grey wire or the book is wrong and it's actually the brown wire that goes to the Remote module. if somebody has a GMH workshop manual it might confirm it? cheers.

mllyb.jpg

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Hopefully of some help to you

VN - VZ

Accesories - Yellow
Constant - Orange/White
Illumination - Brown/White
Earth - Black/White