Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Can someone please help a bloke out

bennyluke

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz sv6 impulse
Hey guys I'm new to this and I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct area but my question is do you think I would be exempted to drive a v8 ute I'm on my p2s. because I need to tow around a fair bit of weight , like a proxy set and a mig and g size argosheild bottle and other other tools, that being because I'm a qualified boilermaker and I don't want to go out and buy a brand new car when I could just use my old boys Ve ss ute
And no I'm not like half the other p platers out there trying to rig the system.
Cheers for your time fellas!

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Hey guys I'm new to this and I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct area

The sponsor's section was not the correct place, I have moved it to here. Please look at the section header descriptions to ensure you post correctly. :)

but my question is do you think I would be exempted to drive a v8 ute I'm on my p2s.

Seriously doubt it.

because I need to tow around a fair bit of weight ,

I am sure a 6 will be capable of doing the job.

And no I'm not like half the other p platers out there trying to rig the system.

Oh if only I had a $1 for every p plater that says that on here........ :)

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I agree with Clair, v6 should do the job (or 6cyl turbo diesel ute, ie Toyota)
The rules are there for that 10% of the time you're not working and are tempted to hoon and potentially harm yourself or others.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I would contact Transport SA and ask them, all you will get here are opinions and guesses.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The only exemptions in S.A for driving a V8 is, if it's the only car in the household, or was owned by a relative and passed down to you and is the only car in the household. If you are pulled over, you have to prove this.

If you're a mechanic and have to test drive these as part of your job.....this means it's not your car and you have to prove to the coppers, that you are test driving it as part of your employment requirements if you are pulled over.

Your work place supplied vehicle is a V8 and no other one available for use. Again, you have to prove this

That's all the reasons you can drive a V8.....The rest will only land you in hot water if you're caught.