Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car going in for service at Gm Authorised dealer ...Guesstimate what the final bill will be?...

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
just bite the pillow
it wont hurt that much

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
$3,456

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
when my wife drops the "just sell it"
i tell her i can take up fishing, need $30,000 for a boat and will be gone all weekend
or take up golf, need $20,000 for clubs and membership and will be gone all weekend
plus need $30,000 for another car
or i can spend $5,000 on my car and be home with the family, while i work on it
My wife would just say, “Good, I’ll see you on Monday.”

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
My guess is ‘more than the car is worth’ as the final cost!
This is true...but still significantly cheaper than buying another car ...better the Devil you know I think anyways... certainly better than driving around in over half the cars I see on the road... lets face it the next 5 years petrol bills will make the service costs look like a joke....lol

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
As mentioned previously by not getting an estimate your handing them a blank check.
With all of the work that may be required there's no way that they will give you a quote.
How much is it going to cost, l'm guessing the the thick end of $6000 as a minimum.
I'm interested to see how this pans out, so ask them for an itemised account.
That way we'll have some idea whether they've hooked in for the labour or parts or (this is where it gets scary) both.
Good luck.

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
As mentioned previously by not getting an estimate your handing them a blank check.
With all of the work that may be required there's no way that they will give you a quote.
How much is it going to cost, l'm guessing the the thick end of $6000 as a minimum.
I'm interested to see how this pans out, so ask them for an itemised account.
That way we'll have some idea whether they've hooked in for the labour or parts or (this is where it gets scary) both.
Good luck.
Yep I will blank out the dealer details and anything that leads to identifying the dealer and post a copy of it all up.

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
Grand Total $270.00.... It all turned out to be circus act... they had the car for 5days and did the WOF.... Person rang me on the 1st day and said the main seal was ok and driveshaft good ... car had wof , I said I wanted the mainseal and plate ,strut bearings done they said ok will ring in the morning...they never phoned , I went in today at lunch asked how it was going they said they would have to take the engine out to do the mainseal and plate did I want them to save the oil in a bucket and put it back in....LOL .I said no change the oil, get on with it....then 2 hours later I asked them had they actually started work on the car they said no we will start on Monday....I asked what the bill was so far they said $270.00 , I asked had they actually started on anything they said no ....I decided to pick the car up .... I made a sizable deposit for the work and they let the car sit all week.... Im over it .... I was all set to bite the bullet and gave them clear instructions ...they flip flopped.....there service estimate was $6800 , I accepted there estimate and waited a week for a WOF.... now I remember why taking your car to a garage is high risk.... why cant folk just follow instructions....JUST DO IT......lol Good news for me is I get my deposit back...bad news is Im probably gonna have to do it all myself...that way I dont have to wonder whether its been done at all or done right....The only person I can blame will be me....