Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Install Problems... Help...

Discussion in 'Car Audio' started by AceGaming, Jan 23, 2017.

1. AceGaming

AceGaming New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Commodore LPG
    Hey guys,

I have just had my car system installed (4 door speakers, amp and sub) in my LPG VE commodore but now there seems to be a few problems. They told me about the first problem when I rocked up that being as they said the car makes 5 horn noises when locked. After further investigation I realized that it was a door senor. Then seconly I noticed when driving it home the stability control was off. When I tried to turn it back on it didn't work. What should I do?

Obviously I will call them up tomorrow about it but should I take it back to them just to fuck it up? Or should I get them to pay for it to be fixed at a dealership?

On a side note I wasn't too impressed with the install either I can take some pictures if you guys are interested.

2. axemurderer101

axemurderer101 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VY SS
    Stability light is most likely because they disconnected the battery which is pretty common on most new cars. Usually going for a bit of a drive will turn the light off but you may need to take it to someone with a scan tool to clear a code logged in the computer.

3. AceGaming

AceGaming New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Commodore LPG
    Thanks for the reply. I will go for bit of a drive tomorrow to see if it helps. Any clue about the stability control being off and not being able to turn it back on? Also the alternator light is on.... :/

4. axemurderer101

axemurderer101 Active Member

Members Ride:
    VY SS
  5. AceGaming

AceGaming New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Commodore LPG
    like molex connecters? I will pull it out tomorrow I tried to run it without the amp connected to the battery but it still had the same issues. I thought it might be drawing too much power from the battery.

6. AceGaming

AceGaming New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Commodore LPG
    I checked all the wires near the battery and they where fine took it for a long drive and that didn't fix anything. So I rang them back up and they said to bring it back in and they would run a diagnostic on it. I also checked my dasg cam and heard them admit that there was a fault and it wasn't there before hand.

7. AceGaming

AceGaming New Member

Members Ride:
    VE Commodore LPG
    Okay thought I would post what the actual problem was. Apparently a fuse was blown which controls both the stability control and the door sensor.