Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car Install Problems... Help...

AceGaming

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore LPG
Hey guys,

I have just had my car system installed (4 door speakers, amp and sub) in my LPG VE commodore but now there seems to be a few problems. They told me about the first problem when I rocked up that being as they said the car makes 5 horn noises when locked. After further investigation I realized that it was a door senor. Then seconly I noticed when driving it home the stability control was off. When I tried to turn it back on it didn't work. What should I do?

Obviously I will call them up tomorrow about it but should I take it back to them just to **** it up? Or should I get them to pay for it to be fixed at a dealership?

On a side note I wasn't too impressed with the install either I can take some pictures if you guys are interested.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
Stability light is most likely because they disconnected the battery which is pretty common on most new cars. Usually going for a bit of a drive will turn the light off but you may need to take it to someone with a scan tool to clear a code logged in the computer.

AceGaming

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore LPG
Thanks for the reply. I will go for bit of a drive tomorrow to see if it helps. Any clue about the stability control being off and not being able to turn it back on? Also the alternator light is on.... :/

AceGaming

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore LPG
like molex connecters? I will pull it out tomorrow I tried to run it without the amp connected to the battery but it still had the same issues. I thought it might be drawing too much power from the battery.

AceGaming

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore LPG
I checked all the wires near the battery and they where fine took it for a long drive and that didn't fix anything. So I rang them back up and they said to bring it back in and they would run a diagnostic on it. I also checked my dasg cam and heard them admit that there was a fault and it wasn't there before hand.

AceGaming

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore LPG
Okay thought I would post what the actual problem was. Apparently a fuse was blown which controls both the stability control and the door sensor.