Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car pulls slightly to the left after wheel alignment

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
all cars pull to the left

roads have a slope that leans to the left thats where the drains are, find a nice flat road and see if it still does it

my car does it unless im driving on a flat road otherwise it's dead straight

Last edited:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Having different toe settings on each wheel won't make the car pull in any direction, the wheels will self centre and even out the toe. When the steering wheel is centred, the toe may read differently on each wheel. There are different types of alignments, but the one that guarantees a straight steering wheel is the thrust alignment (or compensated alignment), this aligns the steering with the thrust line of the rear wheels.

Caster is the imaginary line formed by the steering axis of the front wheels.

ToMMMaY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina S Pac SII L67 Turbo Project
Nothing worse then driving straight with a steering wheel thats not

johnno010684

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport M6, Subaru Brumby-daily, TM Magna
i have just put in nolathane adjustable caster bushes what do they adjust? i have bad wear on inside edge of front tyres

VTowner025

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Took the car back to them last Friday (Tyreplus in Airport West) to get the wheel alignment fixed, told me that they cant do it on that day due to a worker having a day off, little amused why the boss could not do it as no customers were in the shop at the time, said next week was better. Really not a pleasant experience with these guys. Stuffed me around at the start as I left the car there at 1.30 pm told me to pick up at 3.30 pm, when I went to pick up, they just started to work on it and had to wait another half hour for them to do a **** job with different air pressures in the tires, white glue **** spilled everywhere over them and a wheel alignment where they started with the steering wheel pointing left. Anyway rent over.

Just a question, does anyone know a good wheel aligner place in Melbourne West or Melbourne North they can recommend, I think I might take it else where to get it done correctly.

Thanks

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
they all pull to the left its the road

if your tyres start wearing unevenly then take it back and you'll have something to show them otherwise they'll treat you like an idiot

VTowner025

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Thanks Oska, have driven the car over a week now, even when the road is on a slop to the left or right the wheel still points left, a bit annoying really, do you have a recommended place for wheel alignments? Seems to me its a bit like a doctor patient relationship takes a while to find a good one, than you kind of stay once you have found someone.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
they all pull to the left its the road

No, it's the wheel alignment or a tyre issue. If it was done correctly it will be set up to compensate for the camber of the road and will drive straight.

VTowner025

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Have been doing some more reading (Other forums) and have heard that "Computerline Dynamic Alignments" in Preston are pretty good. Has anyone used their services before for a VT?