Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Centre dash speaker in VE

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
What ####in center speaker can some on post a picture of it's location..... #### I'm frustrated as ****

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Directly above the radio in the dash under the grille.

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
Ugh, I gotta be doing something wrong with mine. I just can't seem to find anywhere to grab it and pull it up. Gah, so gay :( I want this thing out so bad

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
Ugh, I gotta be doing something wrong with mine. I just can't seem to find anywhere to grab it and pull it up. Gah, so gay :( I want this thing out so bad

Hey mate, get something like a stubby flat head screwdrive and slide it in the gap at the back of the grill and lift it up enough to get your fingers under it. Then just start to lift it from the back till it pops off. You must have the series 2 like me because they are in there a little tighter than the series 1. It will come off, just be careful of the little white clips.

Envy-T

Cnutox
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV 6.0 Sportwagon
I just did this and I must say that the sound is alot clearer and louder.
The grille had me concerned for all of 5 minutes. I slid a butter knife wrapped in cloth down to the centre side tabs and twisted until it broke the seal, then it was childs play. One of the screws was done up by on overzealous monkey with a bottle of loctites finest! I will have to do it properly this arvo when I have access to my tools. For the mean time I just prised the centre up and slipped off the connector.
Thanks to the inflamation here and the magical wonders on the interweb.

koins76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
jbray, try using a stubby flat blade with a cloth on it, slide it in between the grille and the part where the light sensor is, then just gently pull it up. I pulled mine off today, my Omega didn't have the speaker anyway, was pulling the dash apart for other reasons.