Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Changing up the internals...

Patty_vnsvle

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 5lt
Hi all I was reading that the l67 s/c v6 uses shorter rod's and longer pistons,(or vise versa) than its n/a little brother.

With this being the case would it not be possible to interchange, certain parts and have the crank reground slightly offset to suit a thicker rod bearing to give it a different engine capacity? Say somewhere around the 3.86/.90L mark?

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Patty_vnsvle,

Hi all I was reading that the l67 s/c v6 uses shorter rod's and longer pistons,(or vise versa) than its n/a little brother.

With this being the case would it not be possible to interchange, certain parts and have the crank reground slightly offset to suit a thicker rod bearing to give it a different engine capacity? Say somewhere around the 3.86/.90L mark?
What you've written sounds possible, however I'm not sure you would be able to offset grind the crank enough with off the shelf conrod bearing sizes available to take into account the shorter L67 rod and ecotec piston.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve