Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Check engine light on accessories

VPFreak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Hi all, I recently had an IQ unit installed in my MY10 SV6.
Not sure if this is normal or if it happened previously to the IQ installation, however when I turn the key to accessories the engine light comes on. If I go to on with out starting the motor and go back to accessories it goes off. Is this normal?

Also (could have been like this previously as well) the fuel gauge shows the fuel level when everything is off and key out.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Hi all, I recently had an IQ unit installed in my MY10 SV6.
Not sure if this is normal or if it happened previously to the IQ installation, however when I turn the key to accessories the engine light comes on. If I go to on with out starting the motor and go back to accessories it goes off. Is this normal?

Also (could have been like this previously as well) the fuel gauge shows the fuel level when everything is off and key out.

Fuel gauge is definitely normal, my SS does this. I don't drive it daily, I'm not sure about engine light on accessories position.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
there will be a logged code for the light just see what it is, or if it isnt affecting anything then it should go away after a set time of no issue

VPFreak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Thanks all. Doesn't appear to be any issues. Everything works as it should. Hopefully it goes away after a while as you say 07GTS. is there a cheap reader to get codes?

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
The engine light doing that is normal.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
never even noticed mine doing it, must just be the test to see the light working encase it fails

VPFreak

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Thanks everyone. Can't remember it being on before, however couldn't remember the fuel gauge showing the the level either. I was just paranoid something had happened after the IQ instal.