Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

climate control conversion

churnit

Cheap parts!
Reaction score
Keep bidding then its only got hours to go! (and you already know where to pick it up from :yeah: )

Viper1523

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina :)
help

would this all work on a VR? i was told that the plug was taped into the loom. i have cruise control and my bcm is a 789 mid. can anyone tell me if this would work and if i need to change the bcm or anything. thank you

Hamishlh08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
there are two ways in doing it, firstly the hard way is to remove all the sensors from a working vn-vs hvac box, then insert them back into your current hvac box.
second way is to remove your complete hvac box (which you have to remove your whole dash) , and get a vq,vp, vn or vg climate hvac box. don't however get a vr,vs one as they are larger and you would have to change your whole firewall to get it in. then after you have changed your hvac box make a patch loom then get your aircon regassed. if you decide to go ahead with it let me know an i'll dig out my notes from when i did it and tell you in detail how to do it. took me about a day to do and now i have climate.
Hello I was wondering if I can put a vx hvac box in my vs commodore

Hamishlh08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
Hello I was wondering if I can put a vx hvac box in my vs commodore

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
I wouldn't try it but someone on the VR-VS or VT-VX forums might have a better idea. This is the VN-VP forum.

Why do you want to do this?

Hamishlh08

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
I wouldn't try it but someone on the VR-VS or VT-VX forums might have a better idea. This is the VN-VP forum.

Why do you want to do this?
I wanted to install the vx one because it is smaller and I would be able to fit a bigger stereo