Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch gone on first day???

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
After aggressive driving such as high RPM gear changes and/or launches, the clutch pedal may not return to its original position. The pedal may remain approximately 1/2 to 3/4 depressed when the driver's foot is fully lifted off. This is due to an intermittent malfunction of the clutch cover self adjuster mechanism during frequent high RPM clutch operations. A revised design clutch assembly and pedal assembly have been fitted to vehicles from Model Year 2010 production, August 2009.
Is there any chance of holden replacing an early 09 built clutch with the later on a 300rwkw+ ute?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Is there any chance of holden replacing an early 09 built clutch with the later on a 300rwkw+ ute?

A dealer will. And present you with an invoice asking for payment before they give you the car back :).

Reaper

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp

Not for free haha.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Didnt think so. Thought I'd ask here before looking a fool in the dealership.
Cheers.

petesmith

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VE SS-V
So the dealer has come back and found "nothing wrong with the clutch"....they re-bled it and it has been fine since I've had it back from them, sometimes it returns quite hard and fast but it hasn't gotten stuck anywhere...so I think there's still something wrong with it but unlikely it's going to be covered under the stat warranty.

The other thing they picked up when I told them about the clunk in the rear...the diff is stuffed...so it's currently in getting re-built and should have her back on Friday....it appears the previous owner didn't treat her very well....

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
sounds like its hard a hard young life

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
At least you're getting the diff done. Better than nothing