Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch Point Changing

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
So have had a small problem on occasion but haven't really bothered with it, but after an incident today I wonder if anyone may know whats causing the problem. its in a VS s3 ute with the Getrag + Hydraulic clutch.

What happens is, sometimes when sitting there with the clutch in the engagement point will change, instead of being in the normal spot it is suddenly just off the floor and it isn't noticeable until you go to take off.
If I do go to creep forward and notice it, ill knock it out of gear, pump the clutch a few times and it self rights itself, no issue afterwards.

However today it happened again, clutch was in on the floor awaiting to exit a driveway but it managed to engage the gear and was creeping forward. so wasn't easy to disengage gears. pump the clutch and feel everything come back to normal.

I do know it has been bled a few times but that doesn't seem to have solved it.
So any suggestions?

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
It does have extractors (HM Stainless ones)
after they were put in, everything was fine (had them in for years without this issue)

only seems to be since the clutch was put in.