Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold Air

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Thankx. So the template you talk of is this included with the intake or are you refering to one of the diagrams in the picture?

R

Robbie

Airstrike...

With a good stanley knife you will be able to cut that no problem... I am an IT guy and I managed to fit an aftermarket kit to my VT with nor real dramas.. I had about 5 - 7 mm gaps around my intake into the airbox (it fitted into the already cut hole) I just got some flexible silicon and sealed it up... it was just the glass stuff as it will stick to plastice, and also fully cures in an hr (according to bottle). I think that is te easiest way top go.. just let thing cure overnight to be sure and hit it the next day with some moroe to get those bits you miss...

Being Genuine everything else should just fit nicely.. just use a bit of common sense..

Cheers

Robbie

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Hope the silicone is not harmful to some sensors should say on the side of it....some is.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
Air strike,
Cut the template out, put it over the original hole and push it around the corner of the intake and mark out the other bit with liquid paper and then cut it out with a hacksaw blade if you are not sure cut it out near the line and try it for fit .File to suit .......a bit at a time.
When right the duct should click in......too easy

Mark

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
the instructions are mine made by me using the hole I cut in my air box and it fits ok ........should be childsplay to you blokes.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yeah thanks for that. Yeah i will be fine with the silicone(I work @ Bunnings in the paint department). Yeah should be able to do it fine.