Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

commodore keys

gladi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive s2
duno if this is common prob with other commodore owners. but my keys (both original and spare) are broken at the top where the key ring is supposed to go. Whats the go with replacing them- ive seen you can by them 4 around $70- how much to program etc?
also does it matter if the remote ain't for your specific model? as from vs to vy are similar?

S

ssteve165

sumones got a heap for sale on ebay i think, will b a bit cheaper, have a look, um i was told it was $30 to program

SSZ Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6
I had the same problem a couple of years ago and I went into my Holden dealer and they had a sort of insert thingy.

Basically you neaten up the part of your key that has broken, get one of these bits of plastic (looks like a number 8 but with one end squashed to fit in the key bit), push the figure 8 thing in then add some superglue around the mating surfaces.

Sure it doesn't look anything like the original key as it now has a loop at the top of the key, but it does save you some serious dollars and it will last almost forever as the plastic is alot thicker. Didn't cost more than a couple of bucks from memory.

Cheers..

gladi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive s2
thanx guys, much appreciated

vrbenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 BERLINA MANUAL.
where do you get them programmed?

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
ssteve165 said:
sumones got a heap for sale on ebay i think, will b a bit cheaper, have a look, um i was told it was $30 to program
yea they will cut and program it for $33 from memory
you can but them from the key cutting place as well
my VH key has snapped in the same place but i can't find any keys to replace it with :( even though i got 2 spare original keys with it:p