Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Commodore Ute prices - 2nd hand

brendonovic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Hi all,

New to the forum but hoping for advice on 2nd hand pricing. I want to get '09 or '10 commodore ute, either dual fuel or the 3.0ltr petrol.

Redbook and car sales has private sales as between $11k-$13500. I can see NSW, QLD and SA sales for this price but in VIC the cars for sale are around $14k-$16k

Are these prices higher in VIC standard? Or are people dreaming with their prices?

Thanks in advance

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Used cars are only worth what you can sell them for, not necessarily what you think they're worth.

Are they actually selling at those prices in Vic? They might just be dreaming, as you suggest. Redbook is a national guide, isn't it? Can't imagine that Victorian cars are any better or more valuable than other states, so perhaps the prices are simply deliberately inflated in the hope that some dumb goose who doesn't know any better will actually pay those prices.

Haggle hard. There should be room to move if that's what they're asking.

brendonovic

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Thanks, I always haggle hard! I reckon they're inflated but would be good to get some Intel and they're not like 10% over the mark, more like 20% or more.

Even taking the cost of the car new, depreciating at an average of 14%pa over 5 years brings it to around $12k. Then take Kms, rego, condition .... None of them even have mods on them - just stock standard. Might go do some wheelin and dealin and see what reactions I get

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
The era of the ute is ending, and it shows in the price. regardless of what red book says, they have gone p in value over the last 2 years. I got $8.5k for my VUSS manual without reg/rwc in January, whereas the sedan equivalents can be found for $4-5k.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Utes and panel vans (when they were around) have always bought great $ on the used market in Vic. Personally if you can get one significantly cheaper interstate, plane rides are cheap and then drive it back.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Utes and panel vans (when they were around) have always bought great $ on the used market in Vic. Personally if you can get one significantly cheaper interstate, plane rides are cheap and then drive it back.

Agreed. Just pray you don't need to claim under the warranty. The dealer might expect you to have it done at his selected mechanic who happens to be a hundred metres from his yard and a thousand k's from your home.:bomb: