Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Complete VN,VP,VR,VS,VQ,VG Headunit Guide [56k warning]

DJT_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR and VT Exec (sedans)
This guy in another post said that they just use a saw to 'cut' the screws, but I have looked at a few pics of an open console and it seems it's the 'L' bracket either side.

So a simple slice with a reciprocating saw I figure. >> It's like a hacksaw blade but power operated form one end. You can even get cordless ones now. Zip, zap and done I thought? Slide it out, don't need the brackets, just fit the new sleeve that came with it.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
the new sleeve won't work properly...just do it properly or don't do it at all....

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
The old brackets are the only good way to fit a new HU in, the sleeves are crap

Calais3800

KALAIS_KRAZY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais v6
Personly i think its fine to cut the old harness. if u went to sell the car, whould anyone want to buy it with an old EuroPox Radio/Cass in it? most ppl these days want at least a CD player prefebly wiff MP3 too!

Just my 2 cents...

oz4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Executive
Engine Immobiliser and H U change

I have replace the std Eurovox unit with a sony Cd player and all works fine EXCEPT the engine immobiliser wont turn off. IS the Std radio someway involved with the engine immobiliser/security or is this just a coincidence that it has develeoped a fault just after I changed the head unit. Even the "turn ign on for 40 secs wont clear the immobiliser
Any ideas:bang:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I don't understand what you mean by the immobiliser won't switch off. Do you mean you can't starrt your car?

Check to make sure the LED for the immobiliser is plugged in correctly.

oz4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Executive
Immobiliser problem solved

Yes the problem was the car wouldnt start because the immobiliser wouldnt deactivate. Murphy's Law struck again. Just at the time I decided to start the car after installing the head unit the little lug that sits on the battery inside the key decided to come unsoldered hence the key wasnt working correctly. Resoldered the lugs and all works well. SO the answer to my question is NO the radio doesn't affect the security system but the battery lug in the key becoming unsoldered sure does
Thanks for the reply

wednesdayschild

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs acclaim series II
I can't see the photos in the guide. Is there any other place I could find this exact guide with the photos or an equally comprehensive guide?

Mr Boomz

Reaction score
This is how i do them.

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg