Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

connecting amp to ve original radio

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Hmm, well it might not be the phone kit plug then, but this is definitely a spare plug under the stereo on the drivers side.....not doing anything.
Havent done a handsfree kit a VE yet, but thanks for that info.....will make it easier when im trying to figure out why none of those wires in that plug are mute, lol.

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
Yep, you'll need to tap into the wiring before it goes into the door, just below the seatbelt bolt in the B pillar is a good spot, just make sure youve got the right wires though ;)

Would you care to give some info on what colours I should tap into please :beer chug:

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Left Rear - Yellow/Red(-) Brown(+)
Right Rear - Light Blue(-) Dark Blue(+)

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
Left Rear - Yellow/Red(-) Brown(+)
Right Rear - Light Blue(-) Dark Blue(+)

Thanks buddy.

F'ing legend haha :beer chug:

And with the remote wire, I'll tap into the accesory wire yes?

If I don't run my remote wire yet, how does the amp turn on/off?

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
The plug beside the drivers seat is *apparently* the pre-wiring for the amp in the SSV models which already have subs in the parcel shelf. Does this plug just have an accessory feed or is it an actual on/off feed from the head unit?

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
The plug beside the drivers seat is *apparently* the pre-wiring for the amp in the SSV models which already have subs in the parcel shelf. Does this plug just have an accessory feed or is it an actual on/off feed from the head unit?

No it is definatly not pre wiring for a amplifier, it pre wiring for an ashtray, i just fitted one today.

The mute wire in the white connector behind and to the left of the glovebox is white and the audio inputs are light blue and orange/ damm forgot th trace wire, but its next to the light blue wire.

brown is accessory and orange/ dam forget the trace wire, its the bigger of the orange wires in that connector.

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
Yes it is an accessory feed, there is no on/off feed from the headunit. It turns on via GMLAN data bus.

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
The ash tray wiring is in the centre console area... I'm talking about the one next to the drivers door... there's another thread on it I'll dig it up.

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yeah that wire dosent turn on / off with the stereo, so when you turn the key off and the radio still stays on the amp will turn off......good if your running a high powered amp and sub, it means when you turn the car off you dont risk running the battery flat.
Although, now i know where the "actual" handsfree plug is i'll be using that from now on. Thanks Luke.

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
No worries and prewiring plug does not make sense as with the woofers, the 4channell out from the headunit goes to the amp and it powers all speakers in the calais, clubsport, senetor, caprice, and so on. It cannot be a pre wiring plug because the headunit would be already connected to the speakers so it wouldnt be a simple patch loom.