Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Connecting Powered Sub to Amp

CouncillorRobFord

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Executive Wagon 3.6L
Hi team, just got some new stereo equipment and I'm looking to add a powered 12" sub to my existing setup. Right now I've got a Pioneer 300w amp powering my two front speakers, however I'm looking to add a recently purchased powered Pioneer TS-WX1210A sub to it. As this is a powered sub with a built in amp, I was just wondering what the process would be of running the output of my existing amp into it? I've run unpowered subs before, however this is the first time I've dealt with running an amplified signal into another amplifier.

Would I still need to independently power the sub from the battery, or is there a way that I can bridge the power and signal from my existing amp so I don't have to run two sets of power cables from the battery? Alternatively, could I just leave the sub unpowered and run the amplified signal into it and have it work as a passive sub?

Last edited:

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Run rca cables from the pass through output of your existing amp into your new active subs input. Easy.

Run power from the battery and then create a good earth point near the active sub and you're good to go.

CouncillorRobFord

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Executive Wagon 3.6L
Cheers. So I'll still need to supply power from the battery for the active sub even though I'll be running an amplified signal into it?