Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Converting to a VN Calais dash

damir

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais SV89
Ok Got Unit working 100% just have 1 lcd panel which has decided to pack it on me any vdo techie's out there

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
OK at the risk of sounding very dumb:embarrass. Where is Connector YB62? Half way through the job and all was going well then - Cant identify where YB62.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Passenger side kick panel from a quick glance at diagrams.

Found it at 11:00pm last night. Car wont start so I missed something:supersad:. A missing green wire in connector 3.

Start again........:thumbsup:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok got all the wires back in place all was good for about 20kms of driving. Then I take the car out at about 7:30pm and the fuel gauge drops to empty (almost full tank), low fuel light comes on, temp warning light flashes (car stone cold), distance to emtpy goes to zero. What the?? Anyway change over cluster with the one from the wagon. All seemed OK but then later that night the Avg fuel after sitting at around 11.0 L/100 goes stupit upto 18 and DTE hits zero again.

Can this be the ECU having kittens?

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
Got mine done today all apart from the switchblock which hasnt arrived yet .. Removed the LCD's from a VS cluster i had lying around replaced the bled through ones looks much nicer now =) Just need the connector for the switchblock :wax:

damir

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais SV89
YEAH after all that ive finally got my going , ended up using a vq stato cluster from a series 2 v8 in my 89 v6 model calias. had 2 swapp around a few wires in terminal one to match the instument lamp displays and swapped the backing electrics from my original speedo and tacho and used the newer face plates and needles just for a cleaner look.
PRETTY HAPPY with it all now just have to keep my eyes on the road more instead of admiring the cleaner dash display in my old girl.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok got all the wires back in place all was good for about 20kms of driving. Then I take the car out at about 7:30pm and the fuel gauge drops to empty (almost full tank), low fuel light comes on, temp warning light flashes (car stone cold), distance to emtpy goes to zero. What the?? Anyway change over cluster with the one from the wagon. All seemed OK but then later that night the Avg fuel after sitting at around 11.0 L/100 goes stupit upto 18 and DTE hits zero again.

Can this be the ECU having kittens?

Swapped the cluster over from the sedan to the wagon and put the Ebay unit into the wagon. Seadn is great now. So I must have connected it up OK.

Now the wagon has flashing low feul and overheating light flashing. I've scanned over the plastic thingo (green backing) and that looks OK. Swapped gauges over and they are still dead. Cant be the ECU. Trip computer says 180KMS to empty and reads all the good numbers when driveing.

I'm thinking it could be the green plastic backing thing. Must be withing the cluster.

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
Greeny check the little black plastic connector that plugs the backing into the lcd module forgot to plug mine in and the dash did some wierd things :wax: