Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coolant leak

Jake96

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz ute v6
Could anyone help me out, took my 2008 v6 ve to a mechanic shop because I have a bad idle, they looked over it and told me that my engine mounts a rooted and need replacing, while looking they reckon they also found I have a coolant leak coming from the 'filler housing' I have no idea what a filler housing is, they reckon it's going to cost from $550 - $600 to fix can anyone explain where the fuller housing is and if it would cost that much to fix? Cheers

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Passenger front of engine should have a circular cap where you fill the engine coolant.
May have coolant, never open when hot, written on it.
Lift the passenger engine cover off (pull it straight up) and you will see the filler housing which the cap is attached to.
Degrease/clean it if necessary, dry it off, then check for leaks when cold and hot.
Might be simply a cap problem.
Might also be they need some money, some mechanics do that to people who have little or no knowledge of vehicles, actually they even try it on people who do have vehicle knowledge, then they get the kraps when they are called out as crooks, not saying this is definitely the case with your car but if you cannot find the problem, get a second opinion from another mechanic, just don't mention the first mechanic.

edit... Did they fix the bad idle problem?

Last edited: