Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cops

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I went through a booze bus after work and i went through as usual and then after i had the test thingy the cop said to pull over to the side, im like **** now thier gonna check the car over, he said my P plates were in shitty condition (melted and bent couldnt read em lol) he said wait here and when he came bak he game me a new pair i was shocked, thought i was gonna get a fine lol

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1
yeah..I must say that almost all my dealings with cops have been quite decent...I suppose if ur nice to them, they'll be nice to u...

Tedee

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Are you sure he wasn't delaying you to give Charlie company time to get up the road behind a tree to ambush you and defect your car?

hehe, nah theres some decent cops around. Driving without a licence on me a while ago. Mate was hanging half outta the car waving to the car in front. Pulls me over, got your licence, ahh... no, left it at home I think. Do you know its a 150 dollar fine. Yes. Okay, have it with you next time. And why were you hanging out of the car (talking to my friend) Was waving to our friends in front of us. Okay then.. Have a good night. Awesome

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
if yopu dont have your license on you and get pulled over, but know the number can they still fine you?

how many people out there can also remember their license number? i know mine off the top of my head

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
jst this morning i was sitting at the lights when a cop pulled up beside me and said wind the window down so i did then he politlely tells me one of my brake lights were out so i said thanks and we drove off i thaught what a nice chap he could have fined me for that.

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
yes i can remember my licence number

i was driving to work one sunday morning
i got to a set of traffic lights and thought i had time
to stop but did'nt so i slammed on the brakes
stopping just before the line
and guess who was sitting at the lights
a cop car so they came down the street i was on and done a u turn
the lights turned green for me to go and then they put there lights on
so i pulled over and asked me a few questions
told me to blow into the straw and took my reading as it was 5:30am and did'nt
have anything to drink so i came up with nothing
so the cop gave me the straw and said leave this in your car as a reminder not to speed
and let me go...

Regards Daniel

D

death-from-above

I thought you have 24hrs to go to a police station and present your liscence and then the penalty is waived

Snowfox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore SL
The coppers are definitely a mixed bag. Several years ago I was having a drag with a holden ute towards a T intersection (very bright..). Hit the anchors too late and didn't make it around the bend, slammed the curb and instantly inflicted $3000 worth of damage to the passenger side front - scaring the **** out of my mate sitting beside me. Poor car had to be towed to the auto doctor where it stayed for weeks. The cops soon turned up of course, (station was 2 1/2 blocks away) I expected 50 questions being a friday night and not having a very pristine licence at the time. After giving my account of the "single car accident" - just cornering too fast - they said I'd probably get neg. driving which I expected, they then took my word for it that I hadn't been drinking (which I hadn't) and that was the end of it.