Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Creating an AWD Monaro.

Qorx

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Series II Ute
Waste of time and money IMO. None the less, that's pretty cool.

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
would be interested to see what you can throw to the ground? have you had it on an awd dyno yet?
Not had this one on they dyno yet. Will wait till I get the exhaust sorted before that. I had the Coupe4 on the dyno when it was getting tuned. I cant recall what it was putting out at the wheels but remember thinking at the time that the AWD system must drag a lot out of the engine as it wasnt all that impressive.

Top work. Wonder how much power the 4WD system could handle... it'd be sweet leaving the outside the way it looks now, nice and clean, and fill it full of 400+ cubic inch LSX PSI fed madness. Or just a tune and enjoy it. Either way....
The weak point is the transmission, beef that up and you can run some big numbers. I know of a TT Coupe4 that was running 10's on the stock 19 inch wheels. There is a whipple supercharged Adventra running some silly numbers and the guy that built my car has a VZ V6 AWD tonner that he converted to 6 litre, then stroked it, then supercharged it. Then just for giggles he cut off the rear springs and fitted an IRS system. He had that on the dyno for 1 run before the fuel pumps died. I think it only revved to 5 grand and it was already over 1000 ft/lb torque and that is on the stock transfer case and diffs. Gearbox has had a lot of work though. So not that worried about them, they are plenty strong.

Last edited:

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
granted it may not look that impressive mate, but you have to remember you are now sending that power to both ends of the car not just the rears
got to remember most standard AWD performance cars only have around the 220kws at the fly and around 300-400nm of torque,, decent exhaust and a tune should see you with that at the wheels, plus it's a bigger more comfortable car.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
We had 2 rear diffs replaced, and i think the front one too.

Can't 100% remember, as it was some years ago.

was there much power running through it? i.e. more than stock?

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
Had the front wheels in getting some meat shaved off them this week. All up they were able to take off about 8.5mm off the seat so that the wheels can sit under the guards further. I didn't think it would make much difference, but now the wheels are back on the car it has really helped. Tried to get some before and after pics, but they do not really show the improvement.
Got some mates flying in from Brisbane tonight, so after I pick them up from the airport I will head up into the hills and let them have a drive and see what they think.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Had the front wheels in getting some meat shaved off them this week. All up they were able to take off about 8.5mm off the seat so that the wheels can sit under the guards further. I didn't think it would make much difference, but now the wheels are back on the car it has really helped. Tried to get some before and after pics, but they do not really show the improvement.
Got some mates flying in from Brisbane tonight, so after I pick them up from the airport I will head up into the hills and let them have a drive and see what they think.

Mt Glorious?

Love driving up the far side :)

spauldj308

S Pack Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S sedan 5L, VSII ute
Love it, really interested to see how the manual conversion goes if you go ahead with it.

yohoes

on hoes?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute M6
Awesome job on the conversion..

Having said that it seems pretty pointless doing it and keeping the auto? Surely you're doing this to make it more of a drivers car?

dingo tim

dingo tim
Reaction score
Website
www.dingoseatcovers.com.au
Members Ride
vz crewman v6 s manual
Hi Edelbrock 1,
I'm looking at doing something similar, lifting a V6 crewman 2WD, 100mm using an Adventra front end, no diff, front axles or transfer case.
Any advice would be most appreciated.
Emailed Holden customer assistance centre after the track and ground clearance for the crewman VZ and Adventra VY so that I had the manufacturers specs for the engineer/Qld DTMR. Holden advised that 1,617mm is the front track for both cars?
Thanks,
Dingo