Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom LED Dash Clusters with Shift Lights & More

Discussion in 'VY Holden Commodore (2002 - 2004)' started by GMH 72, Mar 23, 2006.

1. GMH 72

GMH 72 Guest

There's a guy in the USA who is re-designing original dash clusters to suit VY VZ Holdens GTO's Vauxhalls etc. He can program the dash to do anything, for instance he can set the tacho up as a rev limiter and custom build into it a shift light and beeper for when the tacho hits the pre set limit the shift light & beeper will go off.

Also the LCD window can be programmed to show all kinds of announcements & graphic pictures ie; when the tacho hits the preset limit a gear shift picture will show up in the LCD or you can have it say something else if you wish. It's almost endless because he can practically make it do & say what ever you like it to.

He has all different types of facia fronts & can even change the LED colors behind the dash to make it light up any color and also multi color as well as make the needles go different colors during the rev & speed range.
    His web site is worth a visit and the blokes name is Chris White. He can import & export your dash from any where in the world.​
    Sorry heres the link i forgot to put it in - http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/Content/default.aspx

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2006
  2. Marks-VY

Marks-VY I love cars

Members Ride:
    VT2 Berlina
    Buy Australian made !!!

Why go to the States when Phreddy can do any colour you want? He has worked hard to make it as cheap for us as possible by concentratng on blue, but the only limit is the number of different coloured SMD's available.

3. Timothy

Timothy New Member

Members Ride:
    vy equipe S11
    I'm sure GMH 72 is well aware of Phreedy's expertice with his lighting effects.It's probably correct to assume that he'z interested in all the other kewel stuff az well,ie, (graphics and reprograming)

4. Phreddy

Phreddy Bye SV6 - still love you

Members Ride:
    VS-II Statey-8
    Hmmmm - unfortunately Phreddy can't do graphics, shift lights, or the other "reprogramming" kind of stuff. Can do a kick-bum job on your dash illumination though - and I mean ALL of it, not just the cluster.

(although I'm pretty sure this guy in the States does the other bits too....)

Heh - thanks for the plug anyhow Mark!! ;) You need to catch up with me for your phone muting thing too....

5. maxy0987

maxy0987 New Member

Members Ride:
    VY Exec S2
    the needle changing colour would be sweet :D

6. Phreddy

Phreddy Bye SV6 - still love you

Members Ride:
    VS-II Statey-8
    Now THAT I can do. ;)

BTW - hang in there Maxy - will send you an e-mail.

Cheerz All, have a good weekend.

7. GMH 72

GMH 72 Guest

I wasn't aware that we have some-one in Oz doing similar stuff. The dash with the orange LED's belongs to my mate in the US which i sent to him out of a wrecked VY II Berlina a couple of months ago. It used to show KLM's in the LCD and it was on 35,000 k's. As you can see the LCD now shows Miles in the centre screen & MPG in the other 2 side LCD screens. Not that you want miles but it goes to show what can be done.

The cluster was done by Chris & took about a week for the turnaround. Anyway it's good to have a bit of competition as it might get some-one thinking.

8. davey g-force

davey g-force I'm a sceptic...

Members Ride:
    02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
    Hmmmm......

Does that mean he can do a shifty and re-program the number of km's on the odometer as well??

Not that I'd want to... ;)

So how much did Chris charge you??

9. Vs_sa

Vs_sa New Member

Members Ride:
    Vs executive
    Only 3 yrs too late for thread but, none of these links work, I've been looking for custom clusters or face plates but can only find one dude on eBay who won't answer my questions. Any suggestions? Cheers...

10. DAKSTER

DAKSTER Beam me up Scotty!

Members Ride:
    VS Berlina
    Only that page was dead. The website is still there, and phreddy is still a member here as far as I know, just PM him. He has a pretty good rep here and can do pretty much anything with the lighting part.

The website for the US guy is HERE.

Heres a sample shot..

[​IMG]

11. hN!

hN! New Member

Members Ride:
    VY 03
    I have also seen these cluster around on ebay. I thought it was strange how they all have LOW K'S as a selling point.. You can desolder the epprom on any cluster and change what you want and add these features :) Also i wouldn't just by a cluster what about the rest of the interior lighting. Try hit up phreddy

12. Shooter03

Shooter03 Nek Minnit

Members Ride:
    Vz wagon
    What's it worth to get you to do a dash in a vz exe mate?

Posted with my iPhone 4s through tapatalk

13. wrx884

wrx884 WA's ASR Rep

Members Ride:
    VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
    u'll have better luck here man Welcome to ASR Audio & Electronics Home Page he doesnt come on JC much these days.

14. letthiswork1

letthiswork1 Thomas

Members Ride:
    VY ute (2003)
    Just putting it out there Phreddy did my dash with the changing needles and it looks great.

Plus his prices are so reasonable as well!

15. Shooter03

Shooter03 Nek Minnit

Members Ride:
    Vz wagon
    Did you have to pull your own dash out and send it off? How much did it cost?

16. letthiswork1

letthiswork1 Thomas

Members Ride:
    VY ute (2003)
    No he lives about 30min from me so i drove round to his place. He said i could either hang around or he would drop me off to the shops (Big shopping mall where he lives). He also did Footwell Lights for me aswell and a Tune for my speakers.

To be honest i cant remember how much i paid it was the 280-350 mark. (Can't really remember tbh, just remember being happy!)