Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Custom LED Dash Clusters with Shift Lights & More

G

GMH 72

There's a guy in the USA who is re-designing original dash clusters to suit VY VZ Holdens GTO's Vauxhalls etc. He can program the dash to do anything, for instance he can set the tacho up as a rev limiter and custom build into it a shift light and beeper for when the tacho hits the pre set limit the shift light & beeper will go off.

Also the LCD window can be programmed to show all kinds of announcements & graphic pictures ie; when the tacho hits the preset limit a gear shift picture will show up in the LCD or you can have it say something else if you wish. It's almost endless because he can practically make it do & say what ever you like it to.

He has all different types of facia fronts & can even change the LED colors behind the dash to make it light up any color and also multi color as well as make the needles go different colors during the rev & speed range.
His web site is worth a visit and the blokes name is Chris White. He can import & export your dash from any where in the world.​
Sorry heres the link i forgot to put it in - http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/Content/default.aspx

Attachments

• White custom cluster [Gregs unit].jpg
    White custom cluster [Gregs unit].jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 10,476
  • White custom cluter 3.jpg
    White custom cluter 3.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,928
  • White custom cluter.jpg
    White custom cluter.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 2,022
  • White custom cluter 2.jpg
    White custom cluter 2.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 2,634
  • White custom cluter 4.jpg
    White custom cluter 4.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 2,498
Last edited by a moderator:

Marks-VY

I love cars
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Berlina
Buy Australian made !!!

Why go to the States when Phreddy can do any colour you want? He has worked hard to make it as cheap for us as possible by concentratng on blue, but the only limit is the number of different coloured SMD's available.

Timothy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy equipe S11
I'm sure GMH 72 is well aware of Phreedy's expertice with his lighting effects.It's probably correct to assume that he'z interested in all the other kewel stuff az well,ie, (graphics and reprograming)

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Hmmmm - unfortunately Phreddy can't do graphics, shift lights, or the other "reprogramming" kind of stuff. Can do a kick-bum job on your dash illumination though - and I mean ALL of it, not just the cluster.

(although I'm pretty sure this guy in the States does the other bits too....)

Heh - thanks for the plug anyhow Mark!! ;) You need to catch up with me for your phone muting thing too....

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
the needle changing colour would be sweet :D

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Now THAT I can do. ;)

BTW - hang in there Maxy - will send you an e-mail.

Cheerz All, have a good weekend.

G

GMH 72

I wasn't aware that we have some-one in Oz doing similar stuff. The dash with the orange LED's belongs to my mate in the US which i sent to him out of a wrecked VY II Berlina a couple of months ago. It used to show KLM's in the LCD and it was on 35,000 k's. As you can see the LCD now shows Miles in the centre screen & MPG in the other 2 side LCD screens. Not that you want miles but it goes to show what can be done.

The cluster was done by Chris & took about a week for the turnaround. Anyway it's good to have a bit of competition as it might get some-one thinking.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Hmmmm......

Does that mean he can do a shifty and re-program the number of km's on the odometer as well??

Not that I'd want to... ;)

So how much did Chris charge you??

Vs_sa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs executive
Only 3 yrs too late for thread but, none of these links work, I've been looking for custom clusters or face plates but can only find one dude on eBay who won't answer my questions. Any suggestions? Cheers...

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Only that page was dead. The website is still there, and phreddy is still a member here as far as I know, just PM him. He has a pretty good rep here and can do pretty much anything with the lighting part.

The website for the US guy is HERE.

Heres a sample shot..

jwarren1.jpg